Help ..Home Robbery

1941 - 1945, Willys MB & Ford GPW jeeps, NO EBAY, Craigslist or COMMERCIAL SALES.
vwsf
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Help ..Home Robbery

Post by vwsf » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:00 pm

To all my friends and fellow hobbyists in the Jeep world I need your help..
On November 1 Friday I was in Santa Rosa California helping my elderly mother who is 95 prepare to evacuate from the Kindle fire , we were one of 180,000 people told to prepare to evacuate. While I was down there my house that is in Columbia California was robbed and ransacked. I hadn’t even moved in yet yet these thieves got into my house ransacked the house and stole a lot of personal belongings of my mothers and myself ..
For many years by Elder father a World War II vet liked to tinker with jeeps and one of his hobbies was he collected data plates that where from both Ford and Willys Jeep‘s that were junked. When my father passed I continued with his hobby. By the time that he passed he had collected over 60 sets of these data plates most of which are still attached to the glove box doors.
Well these thieves got off with almost all of them and I need the help of every person in this hobby to be on the lookout for these plates. The thieves obviously know cars very well as they were able to move a locked vehicle out of the way to complete their crime. These plates will be extremely easy to identify and eventually I believe they’re going to end up in the hands of somebody who knows what they are and what their value is. Please everybody keep your eyes open watch eBay watch swap meets. The identifying feature of every single plate is On the glove box door is written in black ink the serial number and date of delivery that is on the actual attached data plate. With the help of Ron Fitz Patrick he is going to post a picture of an example of what they look like... please everybody keep a watch out I do believe over time they’re gonna turn up we’re too big of a family to let this kind of crap happen.
I Thank each and everyone of you.. Local sheriffs and law-enforcement are well aware of this and crime reports have been written.. There’s no need for any comments to this post just everybody please keep an eye open.
Thank you
Tom Furrer
Columbia Ca
Attachments
GPW30298-a.jpg
GPW30298-a.jpg (120.49 KiB) Viewed 1249 times

Boyso
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Help ..Home Robbery

Post by Boyso » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:03 pm

What a shame!

Will keep an eye out on ebay!
44 GPW 231738 10/23/1944
MVPA #36162

sam C.
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by sam C. » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:24 am

Contact local scrap yards too. The thieves may try to scrap them.
Hit up any and all Jeep pages on Facebook and Jeep websites too. And Craigslist.
Good luck. I hope you get them back.

Sam

donk_316
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by donk_316 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:01 am

Does he have a list of the serial numbers so we can cross reference incase someone cleans off the jiffy marker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1943 GPW 112092 DoD April 30 Louisville
1942 WLA type 7 (gone but not forgotten)
MVPA 35963

EJOWest
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by EJOWest » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Sorry to hear that happened.

thomas68
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by thomas68 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Sometimes it is best not to post about a robbery, the thieves realize people are looking for the stolen items. They fear being caught and dispose of the items. I saw this happen with a gun safe full of guns, it ended up in the lake. It was found when the water went down and the guns were ruined. Law enforcement was getting close and they panicked and got rid if the evidence.

It sucks to be robbed, been there.
Good luck in your search.

signsup
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by signsup » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:18 pm

When our personal truck and Studebaker weasel were stolen in Auroa, CO, my son posted on social media and the local news picked up on the story and ran a feature. Once the thieves knew they couldn't get far with this weasel all over the news, it turned up one day later. Contact the MVPA affiliate to run something in their newsletter and maybe contact local news or newspapaper.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
A jeep, a truck, and a trailer

Return to “Willys MB & Ford GPW, For Sale Section”