Late MB long block currently at .040, no ridge

1941 - 1945, Willys MB & Ford GPW jeeps, NO EBAY, Craigslist or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Thomas Jacobson
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Late MB long block currently at .040, no ridge

Post by Thomas Jacobson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Folks,

I have an extra MB engine that I could part with…. I am posting here to see if anyone is interested. Here is what I know about it at this point:
- MB6213xx
- Cylinders are at .040, no significant ridge at top, but are aged and probably needs to be honed with new pistons, or bored out to .060
- Correct MB head
- Complete “long” block, w/flywheel, timing chain & cover, etc.
- Have not torn it down yet to check crank etc.
- Removed from a complete MB I purchased for parts years ago, nothing seriously wrong with it from what I can see. Not rusty.

If someone is interested, I would be willing tear it down, and take to a good machinist for evaluation including:
- Clean and "boil" out
- Magnaflux for usual cracks such as around distributor, and visual deck crack inspection
- Cylinder measurement and inspection
- Crank inspection for cracks
If it passes the above, I would expect buyer to pay for the inspection costs, plus $950 for the “long” block, plus shipping. (can send as separate parts to reduce weight). I might be willing to throw in the bell housing and a few other items should you need them. I am firm on my price ($950) as good MB blocks are getting hard to find, and I am in no rush.

I live in NW Wisconsin, and drive to Minneapolis frequently, and also on occasion to the Chicago area, and could drop it off for free in those areas or nearby.

Contact me if you are interested, and we can discuss, and I can forward pictures. Check out my web page on re-sleeving an MB engine FYI. I would be willing to drop it there as well should you want him to do the work. http://thomas.tcjnet.com/sleeving/

Thomas Jacobson
Thomas Jacobson
02/24/42 Slatgrill
MVPA 13070
Northwest Wisconsin
thomas@tcjnet.com

CJ_Max
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: Late MB long block currently at .040, no ridge

Post by CJ_Max » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:38 am

Do you know if the engine was running before it was taken out of the jeep?

Weaseler

Post by Weaseler » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:51 am

Wasn t engines used after 48???? They were used in welders generators water pumps???

Thomas Jacobson

Post by Thomas Jacobson » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:44 am

I assume it was running, but no proof... vehicle was missing carb, and had not been used in some time, front of frame was broken, probably from plowing.... engine will need a hone, rings, and gasket/seal set at a minimum, as any engine that has sat as long as this one has (20 years I would guess), but can't really tell until it is torn down and inspected. Did not want to do that unless someone is interested in buying it.

T.
Thomas Jacobson
02/24/42 Slatgrill
MVPA 13070
Northwest Wisconsin
thomas@tcjnet.com

Return to “Willys MB & Ford GPW, For Sale Section”