ATTENTION: Report scammers here!

1941 - 1945, Willys MB & Ford GPW jeeps, NO EBAY, Craigslist or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Rustman
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Re: ATTENTION: Report scammers here!

Post by Rustman » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:33 am

Member “bricksclaude” sent me a PM on Tuesday "I recommend you get in touch with McShane Clancy on mcshaneclancy@outlook.com. He has a M38A1 Floor Pans for sale in mint condition…”

I was quoted $255 shipped. Then when I asked for a photo, I did a reverse image search and found it on the e-Willy’s page from an ad from four years ago.

Matt
1970 Kaiser Jeep DJ-5A Left Hand Drive
1945 Corps of Engineers Welder & Trailer
1943 G518 "Ben Hur" Trailer Steel Body
194* G518 "Ben Hur" Trailer Composite Body
http://g518parts.com/

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:33 am

I just got word of the scammer. Beware folks! He is recommending "Clancy McShane" as a go to for parts you might be in search of. McShane is using stolen photos of parts.

bricksclaude
bricksclaude@gmail.com
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

2 Timothy 3:1-5

Ron Fitzpatrick
OWNER OF g503.com
OWNER OF g503.com

Post by Ron Fitzpatrick » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:26 am

I just banned Cluade Bricks, spammer telling people to contact McshaneClancy@outlook.com who wants money orders only in his wifes name
Ron Fitzpatrick Jeep Parts
800-600-JEEP (5337) or 541-830-3030

http://www.rfjp.com/ = Parts Store

https://catalog.rfjp.com/ = Exploded Diagrams

GPW-166
GPA 4312
GPA 5281
GPA 7915

Kskylerbrown
G-Private
G-Private

Post by Kskylerbrown » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:03 pm

I've had 5 different guys try to scam me on my post for an M38 dataplate. It always starts with, "are you still looking, where are you located and what's your offer?" It's usually poor English and mixed lower case and capitals. The photo of the part they send is usually the first thing that comes up on Google images. Some of the names used are Fells, Alexandra Ching, Michaelthegreatman35, and WillsonSmith543 who also claims to be wills2308 on the forum. I strung wills along for 40 emails before I got bored. Along the way he gave me a postal address that turned out to be a private po box in North Dakota.
42 GPW
43 MB
45 GPW

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:17 pm

Kskylerbrown wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:03 pm
I've had 5 different guys try to scam me on my post for an M38 dataplate. It always starts with, "are you still looking, where are you located and what's your offer?" It's usually poor English and mixed lower case and capitals. The photo of the part they send is usually the first thing that comes up on Google images. Some of the names used are Fells, Alexandra Ching, Michaelthegreatman35, and WillsonSmith543 who also claims to be wills2308 on the forum. I strung wills along for 40 emails before I got bored. Along the way he gave me a postal address that turned out to be a private po box in North Dakota.
Kyle, thanks for the heads up email. flash0679259@gmail.com is one email being used by this particular scammer under the wills2308 username. He is now gone and that email banned.

I can't repeat this enough you G men, do not do business with anyone ew to the forum and if you are contacted by anyone off site please report it immediately!
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

zepher11
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by zepher11 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:15 am

I put a listing in the hand cart section looking for a drawbar and handle for an M3A4 hand cart.

Contacted by a member "vcatr" here via private message. Told me a Josh Gretzky had a drawbar and handle for sale and to contact him with the provided email.

I do. Josh gets back to me via email. Says he has handle and drawbar. $100 shipped and to pay via Apple pay card via paypal, I say I can do paypal. He emails back and says needs to be via Apple pay card.

I smell a rat. Parts seem cheap and the guy that pm'd me here on the G503 has no posts, however he joined in 2016. Odd.

Anyway, anyone heard of this guy? Seems if he has parts for M3A4 hand carts he'd be known here. Searched here and on web. Zero intel on him or his email which is: jtxpolt@outlook.com Seems like an odd email as well.

Anyway, I asked for some photos of the parts in the meantime.

Thanks,
Zeph

'42 Script GPW Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

'41 Dodge WC16 Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

wynnski
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by wynnski » Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:06 am

I put a wanted add up for the the F srcript battery clamp and the F script fuel tank bolts and had a chap called Rolf contact me via email stating he had the clamp, he sent me a picture of two battery cable terminals, I told him that was not what I was after. I sent him a picture of the battery clamp and he said he had one so I asked for a picture. Meanwhile I asked him if he was on the G503 and he said yes so I asked him for his G503 ID and he asked me why did I want that. I told him it was because he sent me an email and did not answer my post on the G. Needless to say he has dissappeared.
His email is rolfmax012@gmail.com if anyone else has had the same experience.
May I make a suggestion in that the email link is removed from the contact page and only the personnal message link can be used, at least this way only a G member can contact a G member.
GPW #106837

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:13 am

wynnski wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:06 am
I put a wanted add up for the the F srcript battery clamp and the F script fuel tank bolts and had a chap called Rolf contact me via email stating he had the clamp, he sent me a picture of two battery cable terminals, I told him that was not what I was after. I sent him a picture of the battery clamp and he said he had one so I asked for a picture. Meanwhile I asked him if he was on the G503 and he said yes so I asked him for his G503 ID and he asked me why did I want that. I told him it was because he sent me an email and did not answer my post on the G. Needless to say he has dissappeared.
May I make a suggestion in that the email link is removed from the contact page and only the personnal message link can be used, at least this way only a G member can contact a G member.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. rolfmax012@gmail.com is not associated with a member here. I suspect he or an associate IS a member here and they work in concert to scam people.

Again, be careful dealing with someone you don't know and keep reporting them!
Bill H.

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

wynnski
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by wynnski » Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:50 am

Bill H. wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:13 am
wynnski wrote:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. rolfmax012@gmail.com is not associated with a member here. I suspect he or an associate IS a member here and they work in concert to scam people.

What do you think about removing the link to members emails from the contact page?
GPW #106837

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:55 am

wynnski wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:50 am
Bill H. wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:13 am
wynnski wrote:

What do you think about removing the link to members emails from the contact page?
That is a thought however a lot of our members rely solely on email contact. I will discuss that idea with Ron and Ken.
Bill H.

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

Adam
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Adam » Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:12 pm

Deal in the open on here with members with some history,, do not contact anybody whose email is sent to you.

Adam

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:16 pm

With the help of a diligent member another scammer has been revealed!

His g503 member name is "vcatr" and he sent a PM, not sure how with no posts but he offered help finding a part needed and named "Josh" at email address jtxpolt@outlook.com.

Be careful guys!

Vcatr (email markanker367@gmail.com) has been banned as well as his email address.
Bill H.

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

zepher11
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by zepher11 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:01 pm

Bill H. wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:16 pm
With the help of a diligent member another scammer has been revealed!

His g503 member name is "vcatr" and he sent a PM, not sure how with no posts but he offered help finding a part needed and named "Josh" at email address jtxpolt@outlook.com.

Be careful guys!

Vcatr (email markanker367@gmail.com) has been banned as well as his email address.
Yep. That is what had my suspicions raised. A member since 2016 with no posts on here? Really seemed odd. If I don't know who it is, I like to see if I can find legit details on them. Couldn't find any on this guy either on the G503, or on the web.
Zeph

'42 Script GPW Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

'41 Dodge WC16 Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

YLG80
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by YLG80 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:33 pm

Most likely a scammer from South Africa.
Insert the email shown here above in a Google search box.
This scammer is looking for requests published in various forum.
Liek in that German forum.

https://www.motor-talk.de/marktplatz/su ... 30835.html

He proposes to find and deliver the requested part.

Yves
Ford GPW 1943 - Louisville - DoD 12-7-43
serial 164794
Yves de Ryckel

Return to “Willys MB & Ford GPW, For Sale Section”