Mudbox's GMTK

Manufacturers, configurations, Shovels, Axe, Wrenches, Oiler, F/E etc.
henry501
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant
Re: Mudbox's GMTK

Post by henry501 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:33 pm

Jason,

Spot on exact match! Can you tell if yours has the embossed number like the one in the photo?

Henry

Hartofoak
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Hartofoak » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:44 am

Snap! Very nice additions to your GMTK by the way.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=244618&hilit=stubby#p1437401
MB 298781 DoD: est. 01-19-44 (ex British Army 1958)
T1 Trailer: "Transportation Equipment Co."
MVMTS toolboxes & tools

mudbox
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by mudbox » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:02 am

Thanks guys! It's replacing a Millers Falls Co. driver that's within spec tolerance.
Hartofoak wrote:Snap! Very nice additions to your GMTK by the way.
Cliff! You apparently found that image (from the same place) a full year and a half before me! :lol: :lol:
There are a bunch of tool pics in that TM. I found 3 different 1/2" drive ratchets in there. Looks like TRUTH, Bonney, and Snap-On.
-Jason

mudbox
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by mudbox » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:35 pm

I must sound like a broken record here, but really...
mudbox wrote:Upgrades to the keeper GMTK don't seem to show up too often these days.
It's nice to be able to check off a box on the keeper kit. With a bit of help from Sillys MB from across the pond (we'll call it lease/lend) :lol: I was able to put together this brand matching set of wartime Duro (X) DBEs.
The short is a #G2014A and doesn't have the (X), but c'mon! :roll:
2015A (X), and the mythical 2016 (X). :lol:
Thanks Roger!
-Jason

twertsy
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by twertsy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:31 am

mudbox wrote:Thanks guys! It's replacing a Millers Falls Co. driver that's within spec tolerance.
Hartofoak wrote:Snap! Very nice additions to your GMTK by the way.
Cliff! You apparently found that image (from the same place) a full year and a half before me! :lol: :lol:
There are a bunch of tool pics in that TM. I found 3 different 1/2" drive ratchets in there. Looks like TRUTH, Bonney, and Snap-On.
-Jason
Jason,
Here's what I saw going through that document in terms of ratchets. Virtually all pics showed a Bonney 4098. I do see where you thought Truth (pg. 62?) but I don't see the spring retainer cavity that is telltale truth. Page 100 is Walden. Interesting wrench on page 308 with the V-gullet which basically means Bonney, MAC or Cornwell but you really can't tell.

mudbox
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by mudbox » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Found these needle nose with side cutter on the auction house. Makes it seem like Utica was all over the place with their branding during the wartime years. These are marked Utica Drop Forge & Tool Corp. 654-6 and USA with an additional U.S.A. martial mark below the pivot. Handles are knurled. Remnants of green paint near the joint.
Not quite as nice as Don's Crescent pair, but these will be replacing a Boker pair in my kit.

-Jason

daveus6
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by daveus6 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:48 pm

My understanding from the AA website is that the Utica Tools logo didn't come in until 1943. At the same time the knurling on the handles of the 654-6 pliers appears to have been dropped. The armoroer's kit RAPD image in G61 shows what seems most likely (from the shapes anyway) to be a set of Utica pliers of various sorts. The 6" long nose pliers shown have the knurled handles and other features that match the sort you have displayed quite nicely. That publication has its photos from 1941. So I think your pliers are correct for pre-1943 service.

I have some the same too but without the USA stamped on the below main logo. I think you have had a great find. I need a second pair of 654-6 pliers the same as these as of the other kits shows the same sort again. So I am also envious that I missed the ones you got on the auction site - oh well, finders keepers!

mudbox
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by mudbox » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 am

Thanks David. I didn't know that you were looking for a pair as well. I'll keep my eye open for another.
I'm only needing a U.S. marked pair of 8" slip joints and all the pliers in my kit will have the martial mark. :D Though, they will still be a mixed brand 'set'. :wink:
-Jason

mudbox
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by mudbox » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:23 pm

:D :D :D

-Jason

sincitygpw
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by sincitygpw » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Hi Jason
That"s a nice set of Boker pliers! :mrgreen:
Thanks
Dave

mudbox
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by mudbox » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:26 am

Thanks Dave.
That's my 'the gang's all here' shot! :lol:
I don't know if Boker made the 8in slip joints or the water pump pliers at the time, but I'll keep looking!
-Jason

mudbox
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by mudbox » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:51 am

I have been looking for a short Duro (X) DBE in 3/8 and 7/16 for several years now.
During that time, I've only seen 2 others. One in a pic that Silly's MB posted of a pile of wrenches, and the other that had been picked up by pjones along the way.
Once you know they're out there, you just gotta keep searching.
I finally found one listed on the auction site. :D

Here it is with his little brothers.

And the rest of the gang.

I'll have to take some updated pictures of the GMTK at some point. I think I have about as much Duro as you can find!

-Jason

Return to “G503 Tools & Equipment (Vehicle & Pioneer)”