4 gallon air compressor

Manufacturers, configurations, Shovels, Axe, Wrenches, Oiler, F/E etc.
Derek Eddlestone
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: 4 gallon air compressor

Post by Derek Eddlestone » Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 am

Roger wrote:Derek, Is that a TL-29 you are proudly displaying in the photo?......:)

Hi Robin,

I didn't see your comment when you originally posted it. The knife is a 1942 Victorinox knife supplied under contract to the Swiss Army and is one of the forerunners to the red Swiss Army Knives that are sold by the millions today. Apparently they were also used in Germany and found their way in to Allied hands by the end of the war and during the occupation.
I've got a number of TL-29s as well.

Derek.

Hartofoak
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Hartofoak » Sat May 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Derek,
Are any of your TL-29's for sale please? I was hoping to be at Beaulieu today but I couldn't make it. Perhaps we could meet up some other time.
Regards
Hartofoak
MB 298781 DoD: est. 01-19-44 (ex British Army 1958)
T1 Trailer: "Transportation Equipment Co."
MVMTS toolboxes & tools

theduke
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by theduke » Sat May 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Flywheel is off.......New points/cond./coil on Monday. Perhaps if it will spark ...I'll be Golden.

Do NEED a Kick Start Pedal for this Compressor. If any of ya'll have or know of a source.......please let me know.

Dan in Oregon

It is this Model

COMPRESSOR, AIR, PORTABLE TYPE, 4 CUBIC FEET, GASOLINE

ENGINE-DRIVEN-No. 66-C-1380

theduke
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by theduke » Mon May 21, 2012 4:23 pm

New points...points plunger ..condenser...plug.............Poured a splash of gas down the hole...She Runs :D

Now to dive into the carb. Fuel in the Filter bowl has nearly turned back to Crude Oil :roll:

Hopefully carb bowl/float are saveable.

Still would like to find the Kick start pedal if anyone can point me in a possible direction to source one.

Dan

likeitall
G-Civilian

Post by likeitall » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:27 am

i have one of these compressors also. i need the glass fuel bowl. can anyone steer me in the right direction?

pvttab
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by pvttab » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:20 am

Hey guys-

I just picked one up off of Craig's List. It has the compressor and the entire frame appears to be in solid condition. I've search for additional information on the compressor and the necessary engine to purchase but there is not much info available. If anybody has experience with the compressor (i.e. the proper lubricant for it), I would greatly appreciate any information you would be willing to share.

I would like to get it up and working for 2013 as our field kitchen could always use something less strenuous than the hand pumps. I have several mess kitchen photos with the compressor siting right next to the M-1937 field ranges. After using the ranges for a couple years, I completely understand why the cooks would have "requisitioned" a portable compressor.

Thanks,
Tab
pvttab@yahoo.com

chris
G-Major
G-Major

Post by chris » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:52 am

I bought mine at Aberdeen MD show...about 2 years ago..all complete...Just need to clean out the tank and get it running....I must of put 1/4 mile on it just rolling it out of my way in the garage :lol: :roll: ----Thank god has a wheel on front !!!

pvttab
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by pvttab » Sun May 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Hello guys-

For those of you who have a working unit, can you provide details of the belt? I am in the process of acquiring a Briggs Model N and would like to get the correct belt rather than guess. Additionally, any ideas of the paint it had? Was it just OD#3? I saw one online that was grey with a red wheel. Does not sound correct to me.

Thanks,
Tab

Warren Duchesne
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Warren Duchesne » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:08 pm

I need a few parts for my compressor , anyone have a parts unit ? Warren Duchesne

Warren Duchesne
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Warren Duchesne » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:52 am

Any parts avalible ?

Tinknocker25
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Tinknocker25 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:03 pm

I sold my second project compressor but have a few spare parts what are you hunting for?

Warren Duchesne
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Warren Duchesne » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:20 pm

I need the belt guard , belt pulley for the motor and petal starter . Also do you have the part number for the belt ? Thanks

Tinknocker25
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Tinknocker25 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:29 am

So pretty much the rarest parts! I had all but sold them! Watch ebay for Kickstarter pedal but becareful it is made for Briggs N model! The pulley I got lucky and had 2 broken ones that had to be welded but only one had the clutch system....these are near impossible to find without buying a spare project with one. The guard I hand made using an old black and white photo and ww2 vets recollection. As for the belt I will get that number when I get home tonight! Sorry

Makes you feel any better I have been hunting 7 years for the grease gun!

Tinknocker25
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Tinknocker25 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:25 am

The info on my belt reads carlisle super II A30 0713

carter davidson
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by carter davidson » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:53 am

I believe I have the compressor from one of these units, does anyone have some close-up shots so that I may identify what I have or would it be better if I posted mine?

Return to “G503 Tools & Equipment (Vehicle & Pioneer)”