ITM Jeep

1956-1966, Hotchkiss, Quarter-ton jeep® series, Wanted, For Sale, and Knowledge Base
70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:29 pm
Location:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by 70th Division » Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:32 am

Stanles wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:09 am
70th Division wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:10 am
Stanles wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:51 pm
Small modifications
Did you figure out the differential oil pressure issue ?
Hello Ray,

Still the same.
But we're not the only ones with this problem.

I guess it's normal.

Standa

Hello,

Where is the out coming from when it is heated up ?

Also, with the fuel issue do you have ethanol free fuel ?

You probably already checked, but did you replace it clean out completely the vent caps on the differential covers ?

Also use a wire and clean out the vent plug hole for the cap, as they both can get clogged up, and cause pressure build up.

Did you add new inner oil seals as well where the axles enter the differentials ?

Best Regards,
Ray


User avatar
Stanles
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by Stanles » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:41 am

Hello Ray,

The gasoline I fill up contains up to 5% ethanol.
Now I don't have this problem anymore. It's not so hot in the Czech Republic anymore :-D

I put a few vent caps.
I had the vent caps split.

I ended up using the original ones. It releases pressure the best it can with oil.

Several of my friends have the same problem.
They don't deal with it. They say it's normal.

I had the differential completely apart and put in new bearings and seals.

Standa
1960 - GAZ 69M
1952 - M38
1951 - M100 Trailer
1959 - ITM Jeep

Willys FOREVER

User avatar
Stanles
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by Stanles » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:21 pm

I'm having a little Christmas.
I managed to buy a NOS carbureted SOLEX.

Jeep's running great.
A huge joy to drive.
Attachments
IMG-20221019-WA0001.jpg
IMG_20221022_070939.jpg
IMG_20221023_151140.jpg
IMG_20221025_175040.jpg
1960 - GAZ 69M
1952 - M38
1951 - M100 Trailer
1959 - ITM Jeep

Willys FOREVER

User avatar
Stanles
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by Stanles » Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:21 pm

Change of machine and a quick ride
Attachments
received_496627429032748.jpg
1960 - GAZ 69M
1952 - M38
1951 - M100 Trailer
1959 - ITM Jeep

Willys FOREVER

User avatar
YLG80
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Posts: 3502
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 am
Location: near Namur, Belgium
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by YLG80 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:00 am

Waaoh, what a machine.
Tell us more on that moto, please.
Yves
Ford GPW 164794 1/4T 12-7-43 - Frame# GPW*239762*
ACM I body#198443
Restored as 1st Army 759th LT B21
ON6YD(ex YB1AUH) MVPA38444

User avatar
Stanles
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by Stanles » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:31 pm

YLG80 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:00 am
Waaoh, what a machine.
Tell us more on that moto, please.
Yves
Hello Yves,

This motorcycle is Čechie-Böhmerland.
Manufactured in the Czech Republic between 1924 and 1939.
Engine capacity is 600 cm³
The Chechie was the longest mass-produced motorcycle in the world, measuring 3.2 m in length.
In total, about 775 units of all variants were produced.

The motorcycle in the photo was built in 1926.

Regards Standa
Attachments
IMG-20221026-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20221026-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20221026-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20221026-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20221026-WA0013.jpg
1960 - GAZ 69M
1952 - M38
1951 - M100 Trailer
1959 - ITM Jeep

Willys FOREVER

User avatar
YLG80
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Posts: 3502
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 am
Location: near Namur, Belgium
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by YLG80 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:46 am

Stanles wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:31 pm
YLG80 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:00 am
Waaoh, what a machine.
Tell us more on that moto, please.
Yves
Hello Yves,

This motorcycle is Čechie-Böhmerland.
Manufactured in the Czech Republic between 1924 and 1939.
Engine capacity is 600 cm³
The Chechie was the longest mass-produced motorcycle in the world, measuring 3.2 m in length.
In total, about 775 units of all variants were produced.

The motorcycle in the photo was built in 1926.

Regards Standa
Thanks Standa.
The motorcycle looks very long on the photo, but I could not imagine 3.2m :shock: .
Isn’t it not too difficult to drive on the road?
I guess that the frame is affected by a twisting effect while driving on the road.
It looks like a very big Derny not built to turn :lol:
Thanks for sharing the pictures of that rare motorcycle.
Yves
Ford GPW 164794 1/4T 12-7-43 - Frame# GPW*239762*
ACM I body#198443
Restored as 1st Army 759th LT B21
ON6YD(ex YB1AUH) MVPA38444

User avatar
Stanles
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by Stanles » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:36 pm

YLG80 wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:46 am
Stanles wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:31 pm
YLG80 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:00 am
Waaoh, what a machine.
Tell us more on that moto, please.
Yves
Hello Yves,

This motorcycle is Čechie-Böhmerland.
Manufactured in the Czech Republic between 1924 and 1939.
Engine capacity is 600 cm³
The Chechie was the longest mass-produced motorcycle in the world, measuring 3.2 m in length.
In total, about 775 units of all variants were produced.

The motorcycle in the photo was built in 1926.

Regards Standa
Thanks Standa.
The motorcycle looks very long on the photo, but I could not imagine 3.2m :shock: .
Isn’t it not too difficult to drive on the road?
I guess that the frame is affected by a twisting effect while driving on the road.
It looks like a very big Derny not built to turn :lol:
Thanks for sharing the pictures of that rare motorcycle.
Yves
Hello Yves,

Driving is very demanding.
The best road is one without curves 😀😄

A typical feature of Böhmerland motorcycles is a massive frame made of tubes, cast (from light alloy), or pressed (sheet metal) wheel discs and two petrol tanks located on the sides of the motorcycle at the rear. Later models were also equipped with a tank located in the classic place above the engine, in front of the driver.

Regards Standa
1960 - GAZ 69M
1952 - M38
1951 - M100 Trailer
1959 - ITM Jeep

Willys FOREVER

User avatar
Stanles
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by Stanles » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:46 pm

Hello 🙂
Preparing for winter sleep.
Washing, waxing the chassis and putting it to sleep 😃
Attachments
IMG_20221111_171526.jpg
IMG_20221111_171717.jpg
IMG_20221113_172712.jpg
IMG_20221113_172804.jpg
1960 - GAZ 69M
1952 - M38
1951 - M100 Trailer
1959 - ITM Jeep

Willys FOREVER

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:29 pm
Location:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by 70th Division » Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:11 am

Stanles wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:46 pm
Hello 🙂
Preparing for winter sleep.
Washing, waxing the chassis and putting it to sleep 😃
Hello Standa,

She looks beautiful, and will get some nice beauty sleep over the winter !

You have done an incredible job with your restoration :D :D :D :D !!

Best Regards,
Ray

User avatar
Stanles
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by Stanles » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:00 am

Winter sleep did not last long :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
IMG_20221119_082850.jpg
IMG_20221119_090411.jpg
IMG_20221119_090927.jpg
1960 - GAZ 69M
1952 - M38
1951 - M100 Trailer
1959 - ITM Jeep

Willys FOREVER

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:29 pm
Location:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by 70th Division » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:04 am

Stanles wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:00 am
Winter sleep did not last long :lol: :lol: :lol:
Awesome !!! :D :D :D

The jeep looks great out in the snow !!!
Maybe you can do some winter jeeping when the weather is nice ?


Best Regards,
Ray

User avatar
Stanles
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by Stanles » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:22 pm

Hello Ray,

We do winter rides regularly.
When there's snow :lol: :lol:

Standa
Attachments
19-5.jpg
33-2.jpg
08-2.jpg
10-5.jpg
21-3.jpg
1960 - GAZ 69M
1952 - M38
1951 - M100 Trailer
1959 - ITM Jeep

Willys FOREVER

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Posts: 3731
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:29 pm
Location:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by 70th Division » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:23 am

Stanles wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:22 pm
Hello Ray,

We do winter rides regularly.
When there's snow :lol: :lol:

Standa
That looks like great fun right there !!!

Snow adventures with the jeeps and Dodges, that has to be very unique, and lots of adventure :D :D :D
Great pictures :D
Keep us posted !


Best Regards,
Ray

User avatar
Stanles
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: ITM Jeep

Post by Stanles » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:11 pm

70th Division wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:23 am
Stanles wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:22 pm
Hello Ray,

We do winter rides regularly.
When there's snow :lol: :lol:

Standa
That looks like great fun right there !!!

Snow adventures with the jeeps and Dodges, that has to be very unique, and lots of adventure :D :D :D
Great pictures :D
Keep us posted !


Best Regards,
Ray

Hello Ray,

It's great fun.
Especially when there's a lot of snow :lol: :lol:

Standa
1960 - GAZ 69M
1952 - M38
1951 - M100 Trailer
1959 - ITM Jeep

Willys FOREVER


Post Reply

Return to “M201, Hotchkiss, Quarter-ton jeep®”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests