Edit feature update

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the WWII jeep.
wa5cab
CWO4 (Ordnance) USNR

Re: Edit feature update

Post by wa5cab » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:12 pm

I'm inclined to agree. If there isn't too much in it, a work-around might be to open the PDF on your machine and copy and past the contents into a regular post or reply. But I haven't tried it.
Gunner
USN Retired
MVPA 9480

acourter
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by acourter » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:23 am

Bill, I'm trying to pm you through g503 and email. emails bounce back and my outbox says I have messages in it and the sent box is not showing the message was actually sent... Did you receive my message concerning my inability to edit my post? I posted 5 days ago, but can not edit it.

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:07 pm

acourter wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:23 am
Bill, I'm trying to pm you through g503 and email. emails bounce back and my outbox says I have messages in it and the sent box is not showing the message was actually sent... Did you receive my message concerning my inability to edit my post? I posted 5 days ago, but can not edit it.
It is supposed to be 7 days. I'll have Ken, our programmer guy, look into this.

Your email went through and I replied to it and messages remain in the outbox until the recipient opens them. Only then are the marked as sent.

Your for sale post will not be deleted. This is one of the reasons the edit feature was removed to begin with. You delete a post and all who replied just lost their posts and the information contained is lost and leaves no reference for anyone looking to sell or get an idea of the worth of an item.
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

2 Timothy 3:1-5

Return to “MB GPW Technical Knowledge Base”