Filterette or/and Radio junction box

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the WWII jeep.
websoldier
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
Filterette or/and Radio junction box

Post by websoldier » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:04 pm

Hello, I need some explanations please. For a jeep MB (july 1943), do I mount a filterette, or a junction radio box or both ?

I have seen both on this jeep: http://www.willys-jeep-mb.de/Technical- ... uppression

I thought that if you mount a filterette you don't have to mount a radio junction box so I have to learn more.

In this case when you mount the filterette and the radio junction box what about the wiring ??? I have Ron catalog and there is a difference in the wiring between standard and late chassis. The drawing for standard chassis shows the filterette and the drawing for late chassis shows a radio junction box but not both ???
MB 247965
PICARDIE
FRANCE

Bill Gannon
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
Re: Filterette or/and Radio junction box

Post by Bill Gannon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:30 am

The filter group and cover assembly ( box mounted on the inside firewall ) and the radio wiring junction box ( mounted on inside of the right hand side of the body beside the passenger seat ) are not related to each other in any way. They were both in place together for much of '43 ( except on MB USMC radio units ). The radio wiring junction box was merely a power tap for radios or other equipment mounted in the rear of MBs. The unit started to be installed in MBs in mid March, '43 at serial number 217544 per TM-10-1186 1 July, 43 page 87 section 0612. The filter group and cover assembly was installed on all MBs with type one suppression up through early Dec. '43 at serial number 288841 per TM-10-1186 1 July, 43 page 86 section 0612. So there were about 70,000 MBs with both these parts installed at the same time in 1943.

websoldier
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by websoldier » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:04 am

Many thanks Bill for your reply it is clear now :P
MB 247965
PICARDIE
FRANCE

Bill Gannon
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Bill Gannon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:46 am

In this case when you mount the filterette and the radio junction box what about the wiring ??? I have Ron catalog and there is a difference in the wiring between standard and late chassis. The drawing for standard chassis shows the filterette and the drawing for late chassis shows a radio junction box but not both ???
There are far more than just two versions of MB wiring. You would need to ask the seller how their wiring harness is correct for your particular MB rather just buying a fit-all that you have to make work yourself.

Return to “MB GPW Technical Knowledge Base”