Oil Pump Rebuild

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the WWII jeep.
Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Re: Oil Pump Rebuild

Post by Chuck Lutz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:40 am

I used to think we had to endure the personality disorders of knowledgeable mechanics to solve technical problems here on the gee....now I am coming around to the belief that guys can rebuild, restore and enjoy their vehicles just fine WITHOUT all the nasty insults and bullying tactics you seem to be known for. This just wastes the time that the G503 minders have to spend monitoring ongoing posts such as this.

There was NO reason to insult anyone as you have chosen to do in this thread... and you do it all the time...if you can bite your collective ego/tongue and just post what your know or cite references without going there, fine....otherwise I think the best thing to do is for the rest of us to ask for any thread you start that crap on to be immediately locked down and your post that includes those insults to be deleted....so, there goes any positive information you may have contributed because you just can't help yourself from berating and demeaning anyone personally with an opposing opinion.
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

zborekp
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: Oil Pump Rebuild

Post by zborekp » Wed May 05, 2021 1:13 am

I don't want to create another topic.

I am trying to rebuild oil pump. I put the cork gasket onto shaft, and round surface of shaft assembly is no longer in contact with oil pump body surface (steel to steel) - It is supposed to be like that? I am talking about thickness of this cork gasket it because: Right now I need to drill hole in the shaft in order to place drive gear.

Manual on page 40,t TM 9-1803A says:

"Tap the driven gear onto the shaft with the gear toward the oil pump until there is 0.0312 inch clearance between the gear and oil pump body"

Is order correct? Because I can acquire 0.0312 inch clearance without this cork gasket or with gasket? Measurements will be totally different

Return to “MB GPW Technical Knowledge Base”