Rebuilding a Radiator

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the WWII jeep.
bazza46
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Rebuilding a Radiator

Post by bazza46 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:35 pm

I found this Pakistani Youtube channel which shows guys doing all kinds of work on trucks, mostly without special tools, or ones they've made themselves. This video shows them disassembling and rebuilding a truck radiator, but it could just as easily be a jeep radiator: the principles are the same. I like their style.
I think this is a great 'How to" video, but I guess OH&S measures are optional in Pakistan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fr7XIg9TXY
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt"..Bertrand Russell

parker007
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: Rebuilding a Radiator

Post by parker007 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:52 pm

not manny those craftsmen left in usa!

dpcd67
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dpcd67 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:34 am

The one I use is called Radiator Master in a St Olaf (population 42) in Iowa; he was a boiler repairman in the Navy and he said that radiators are just little boilers. He can do it.
He has a web site and his slogan is, "A great place to take a leak".
No stinkin OSHA standards there either.
U. S. Army 28 years.
Armor Branch

Ralph
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Ralph » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Radiator repair in the open air seems somewhat healthier; less fumes ingestion...these guys are pros...they have all they need, w/o the big O...
Ralph

Adam
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Adam » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:57 am

They also build ied's and other nasty stuff. They hide terorists, Most will stab you in the back. They dump the stuff on the ground and in 10 years the government will be begging for money to build ground water purification systems. Nobody likes osha, especially business owners who have to pay more for training and safety supplies and equipment to stop pollution. There is a reason for this madness. If your kid was playing in the dirt in your backyard that was contaminated with asbestos and lead dust you would be having a hernia. go move to china or some other country and wear a dust mask all day due to air pollution.

And in this country,I just love it when I do a home inspection, and see black beauty mingled in the grass and driveway. And see used oil stains around the barn where you dumped your used oil to control the weeds. and if you are on a well for fresh water, be prepared for the enviromental testing people to be out there taking core samples to see how much hydrocarbon and glycol contanimation is on your property. I insist all home buyers get soil and ground water testing, the big test for 100's or hydrocarbon compounds, before they buy, along with dust samples from garage rafters, or they will be stuck with contanimated property that will cost tens of thousands of bucks to clean up. Once they find it, and they will, you will need to disclose it to potential buyers.

So go ahead, sand blast that lead painted jeep in your yard, and air clean that asbestos brake dust from the axles, dump the antifreeze on the ground. Upi are responsible if it migrates to your neighbors property. Your legacy will live on for years for your family or kids or grand kids or neighbors to deal with.

Adam

Ralph
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Ralph » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:53 pm

How about we cut our polluting throats from eat to ear for you,Adam?
Ralph

Adam
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Adam » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:45 pm

Totally uncalled for reply.

Adam

Return to “MB GPW Technical Knowledge Base”