Need help locating deployments Orders for 2AD

Upcoming events, and post event discussions... and gee things in general...
Hell On Wheels
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Need help locating deployments Orders for 2AD

Post by Hell On Wheels » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:43 am

Ok folks I was conducting records correction to my DD214 for my campaigns. The Army Review Boards Agency Case Management Division stated even though I have a citation for my time during Desert Shield, Desert Storm & Cease Fire it does not prove I was deployed. There reasoning, "Soldiers were also recognize for service performed in the United States in support Operation Desert Storm" received the same citation, WTF!!! have tons of pictures 1990 quality and a few war trophies from blown up tanks. It seems the only way to correct this if anyone out there knows someone who has copies of orders from the 2AD from Ft Hood would be helpful. I looked through all my crap and cannot find specific orders but have plenty of documentation from my unit that I provided. I was assigned to the 2AD, Tiger Brigade, 502d Support Battalion, 3rd Battalion 41st Infantry Regiment. Can anyone help?
Robert

1966 - M151A1
1986 - M998
2007 - M1102
2009 - H3T

Hell on Wheels https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_blL ... z7Ukw8gbHg

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Re: Need help locating deployments Orders for 2AD

Post by W. Winget » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:33 pm

One of my DD214's dropped out a few months of service in Afghanistan when I went for retirement, delaying start of pay for 6 months if they had their way, I ended up a contacting the Inspector General at the retirement center out there. They are not "on your side" but can deal with any stupid situation like this.
You obviously bought an airline ticket into a Combat zone and took a photo tour in uniform with the 2AD for the fun of it (which is what the records dept is suggesting, not me)
Awards garnered for service in theater are another source of proof, they usually had orders within the paperwork, or OERs if you had evaluations done, PT test records (we had one in theater, really kinda dumb..)
I strongly suggest contacting the IG, and not letting up on them until it's resolved, you have nothing to loose by being the squeaky wheel.
AND YOU EARNED IT !!!
V/R W. Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

Return to “Events”