Gilbert Red Ball Rally

Upcoming events, and post event discussions... and gee things in general...
Don Shaffer
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major
Gilbert Red Ball Rally

Post by Don Shaffer » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:42 am

Sad News I just talked to Jim Gilmore about the Gilbert Show, It looks like there won't be a Show this Sept. The Fair Ground is closed The Fair board said that the show could be held in the parking lot , but there would be No restrooms , water or electric . And the crowd would be limited to 250 people ! Jim said they have more than 250 vendors Sorry ! Gilbert has always been a Great Show ! Don Shaffer N.E. Ohio

dan1
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: Gilbert Red Ball Rally

Post by dan1 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:46 am

Darn! first Reading and now Gilbert.... I was really hoping for this show to happen, oh well....maybe Sussex in Oct.....
M-1009s LARC V M-151 Burma Jeep F-16 Radio Shelters, Parts & accessories

Jim Gilmore
G-Colonel
G-Colonel
Re: Gilbert Red Ball Rally

Post by Jim Gilmore » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:54 am

Hello Red Ball Vendors, Exhibitors and Attendees

It is with a great deal of sadness that I have to tell you that the Red Ball Gilbert, PA show is cancelled this year.

This was not our wish to cancel the show and here is the reasons for this decision:

I got a call a couple of days ago from the Fairgrounds saying they had canceled the West End Fair and they asked if we were going to do our show. I told them we had planned to. They told us that we could do the show but we had to do it outside the fence meaning the parking lot.... there would be no electricity, no water, no bathrooms as the Fairgrounds themselves are shut down for the rest of the year. We would have had to use our own Porta Potty‘s and this type of thing.

We considered doing this to keep the show on BUT…they then said that even if the County goes into the “green stage” we would only be able to have 250 people IN TOTAL on the grounds . This was a decision of their Board of Directors in conjunction with their insurance company.

We hated to have to cancel the show but we did not see any other option for us as the Vendors and Exhibitors alone exceed the 250-person limit.

Don't forget.........The Red Ball Club will be having our Winter Swap meet in March 2021.

Jim Gilmore

Show Director

Return to “Events”