CANCELLED SHOWS list

Upcoming events, and post event discussions... and gee things in general...
jagjetta
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

CANCELLED SHOWS list

Post by jagjetta » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:01 am

I am keeping an up-to-date list of all cancelled shows for quick reference. I figured it would be useful to all.

https://www.militarytrader.com/mv-101/c ... tary-shows

Let me know if you hear of any more cancellations, and I will update ASAP. Email new info to me at:

jadams-graf@aimmedia.com

Be well. Keep 'em rolling!

JAG
John A-G
Editor, History in Motion

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: CANCELLED SHOWS list

Post by Mark Jesic » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:17 am

John, they are cancelling the shows here in England, with the Malvern Military show on the 29th of this month, and the Dallas Dig Out at Newbury cancelled the following Sunday. Disappointing, but your health must come first. :o

jagjetta
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by jagjetta » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:23 am

thank for the intel. List updated. You may need to refresh browser to see the most recent updates.

John
John A-G

jagjetta
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by jagjetta » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:30 am

May 14-16, OH, Findlay. --CANCELLED-- 45th Annual MVPA Convention in conjunction with the Findlay Show, Hancock County Fairgrounds, 1017 E Sandusky St. For vendor information, and to reserve space contact: John Cheney II;(419) 349-4795, m2hbcrazy@yahoo.com,for non-vendor information contact: MVPA-HQ; (816) 833-MVPA, (800) 365-5798, or hq@mvpa.org; www.mvpa.org

President’s Message:

As every one knows the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is upon us worldwide. Your Board of Directors recently met to discuss how this virus is impacting our upcoming 2020 International Convention, slated for May 14-17 in Findlay, Ohio. Ohio’s Governor, along with many other Federal and State Leaders and Nations, have taken precautionary measures of cancelling events and gatherings over certain numbers to minimize the growth and spreading of this potentially fatal virus.

As you know many of our members are over the age of 50 and are susceptible to contracting this virus which can be easily spread in a Convention setting from either direct or indirect contact of an infected individual(s).

The Board therefore unanimously decided to cancel this year’s Findlay Convention in keeping with local and Federal Governments directions, in the hopes of preventing further spreading of COVID-19. This decision by the MVPA Board parallels a decision by our partners for this convention, the Findlay Military Association, to cancel the 2020 Findlay Show. These were not decisions taken lightly, but after consultation with medical professionals and in view of increasing government restrictions and the uncertainty about when this virus will pass, cancellation was deemed the only viable alternative.

If you reserved tours, meals or registered vehicles for judging, please contact MVPA HQ and let us know if you prefer those funds be transferred to a tax-deductible donation to the MVPA Archives, or if you would like them to be refunded.

For those that reserved vendor or camping spots, Information will be forthcoming from Findlay Military Association about the path forward. However this is a rapidly developing situation, and we ask for your patience so that a smooth process can be developed

As your President, I wish to personally thank both John Cheney II our Event Director, along with the Findlay Military Association and the Ohio Motor Pool who spent countless hours preparing for this major event. It is a reminder to me of the level of commitment and dedication to our hobby and the MVPA that our membership and affiliates have.

In closing, I wish everyone and their families’ good health and encourage them to take appropriate safety precautions in regards to this virus. We look forward to seeing everyone at the 2021 International Convention in South Bend, Indiana, August 11-15, 2021.

Below is a message from MVPA member Dean Kellogg, MD, Ph.D and Nancy Kellogg, MD, University of Texas Health Science Center, concerning the Coronavirus, and how it can specifically impact you through the Historic Military Vehicle hobby.

Tom Clark

President MVPA
John A-G

jagjetta
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by jagjetta » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:38 am

A good weekend...only a couple of shows added to the cancelled list.

https://www.militarytrader.com/mv-101/c ... tary-shows

Be well...Keep 'em rolling.
JAG
John A-G

Adam
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Adam » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:44 am

If the shows aren't cancelled yet, they will soon be. At least 18 states have asked people to stay at home. Numerous states have issued mandatory event shutdowns. People are leaving NY and NJ hot spots. all you need is 1 person to come to your show, weather you are in Iowa or Texas and this will start all over again. You really think come april 12, or may or june, this is going to go away? Until there is a vaccine, or this is totally eradicated, or somehow we all become immune it it, all of us are in danger of catching and spreading it. Stay home, stay away from crowds. If not for yourself, for those who you treasure, whom you may infect, that may die from it.

Adam

Billy Bolton
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by Billy Bolton » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:04 am

Postponement of the 47th East Coast Rally Until 2021

"The WAC/BGMVT has been monitoring guidance from local, State and Federal public health officials. Proclamations issued over the last two (2) weeks from MD Governor Hogan includes bans on public gatherings and closure of non-essential businesses. We are also seeing closures of schools, sporting events and religious services with no firm end date. The WAC/BGMVT values the health of our members, vendors and the public. In accordance with State guidelines, we will not be hosting the 47th Annual East Coast Rally until 2021. All vendor deposits will be returned.

Thank you to all members, vendors and participants for your support and attendance over the last 46 years.

Information will be posted on our website at http://www.washingtonbluegray.com/ We hope to see you all again next year.

Please email us at wacbgmvt@yahoo.com for questions or concerns."
MVPA 15097

jagjetta
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by jagjetta » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:26 am

Thanks for the update, Billy. Hard decision, but I am sure all understand.

I will update the list and get the word out through Military Vehicles Magazine.

Be well. Keep 'em rolling,
John
John A-G

jagjetta
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by jagjetta » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:23 am

The good news is: Fewer shows being cancelled in the last two months.

Also good, those that did cancel, are rescheduling and posting dates for 2021. Check out those who have committed to "keeping em rolling" in 2021:

https://www.militarytrader.com/calendar ... w-calendar

If I don't have your show listed, send me the details and I will get it posted:

jadams-graf@aimmedia.com

Be well!
John
John A-G

Return to “Events”