WTB: European cans

Manufacturers, production numbers, configurations, etc.
bombtech
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

WTB: European cans

Post by bombtech » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:23 am

Fellow collectors, I am working on an exhibit to show at a military event this fall on the history of jerry cans and hoping to fill some gaps beforehand. Would like to buy or trade for any of the following: French WWI 50 liter bidon and 5 liter fuels tin, Israeli 20 liter water, British 4 imperial gallon reusable (often stamped MT80), and Italian WWII 'H' handle. Since I do not have these I have borrowed photos from the WWW, but do not remember credits, my apologies to the photographers.
Italy W2 H-handle GDM-Firenza top.jpg
BMB 40 4 gal side.jpg
idf-rwc-1 water.jpg
blue 5 liter fr.jpg
FR W1 bidon top copy.jpg
Rick
WAC B&G MVT
1987 HMMWV w/ M101A3
1989 Perentie for sale
1966 M274A2 Mechanical Mule
1990 FAV Saker for sale

Chico57
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Re: WTB: European cans

Post by Chico57 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:17 am

Still looking for euro cans? I have an Israli water can mint, amd all the Italian cans, 1 hungarian WWII, 1 post war,danish swedish (2 types), South african 2 52.5gal french wine cans , french WWII 1/2 small can and some others, cleaning out some stuff. also a 200 ltr whermacht drum. You bought several cans from me a few years ago
Thanks
Terry Gunter

YLG80
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: WTB: European cans

Post by YLG80 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:38 pm

bombtech wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:23 am
Fellow collectors, I am working on an exhibit to show at a military event this fall on the history of jerry cans and hoping to fill some gaps beforehand. Would like to buy or trade for any of the following: French WWI 50 liter bidon and 5 liter fuels tin, Israeli 20 liter water, British 4 imperial gallon reusable (often stamped MT80), and Italian WWII 'H' handle. Since I do not have these I have borrowed photos from the WWW, but do not remember credits, my apologies to the photographers.
Italy W2 H-handle GDM-Firenza top.jpgBMB 40 4 gal side.jpgidf-rwc-1 water.jpgblue 5 liter fr.jpgFR W1 bidon top copy.jpg
Hello,
I have what you need regarding the French type can

What is very unique, is that I have even the photos of the location where the can was found in 1940 by my father-in-law.
It was in an abandoned French Artillery position located on his property :D
I still have the gun powder containers, the 155mm cannon ballistic Baldenweck table (beautiful, very rare) and a French machine gun ammo box:)!
The 155mm Schneider 1917 Baldenweck calculator found broken in the same hole and restored by myself :

dispositifdecalculdetirschneider155c1917.jpg
The only known other table like that is located in the French Artillery museum of Draguignan.
In France it is prohibited to own such an equipment :shock:

Here are the photos:

2011-12-03_37.png
2011-12-03_35s.JPG
2011-12-03_37-detail.JPG

I have two French cans of that same type and year 1939.
One is empty and the second is full of pre-war gas.
The empty one was for sale a few years ago, but at the very last minute, I have saved it from a scammer.
It uses space in my garage, so It 's for you for free if you can get it to the place where you want to expose it.
I like to know that the can will be well preserved and shown by a collector.

IMG_7190s.JPG
IMG_7187s.JPG
IMG_7186s.JPG

Markings:
Poudres
CRE

POUDRES = Service des Poudres , they were in charge of the fuel logistics and procurement for the French Army.
CRE = Centre de Ravitaillement en Essence (= Gas Refueling Center)

Yves

PS If you want some pre-war gas to fill up your cigarette lighter, I may add some gas in the empty can :) :)!
Ford GPW 1943 - Louisville - DoD 12-7-43
serial 164794

Return to “Gerry Cans or Jerry Cans”