Page 1 of 1


Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:47 am
by scott corcoran
Picked up a water can a few days ago from a car boot, or flea market
I own a U.S petrol can, so i reconized the shape,as i took a closer look i noticed the markings, U.S W CAVALIER 44
it has a built in spout on the lid with a threaded end and is curved, i thought this was a add on but looks orginial inside the lid all paint matching etc. can you tell me what the spout was for and what is missing off the end of the spout ?
regards ,
Scott Corcoran
42 GPW 21219

Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:35 am
by lucakiki
Difficult for me to answer without a picture:I know that the french modified the cans adding a camlock spout.You can email me a picture if you want.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:57 am
by lucakiki
Scott,I received your mail,but could not open the picture on the computer I am using this days,which is not my usual one. Will try again after easter.