WTK about Jerry Can I picked up at show

Manufacturers, production numbers, configurations, etc.
Austringer

WTK about Jerry Can I picked up at show

Post by Austringer » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:44 am

I've got an interesting can I picked up a local show. It is marked USMC and is dated 1943. The interesting part is that it has the very small opening at the top with the wierd latching system, just tike the original German cans. There is a small tube running up to the top of the can too on the inside. What was this can used for, how rare, approx value?

Thanks for the memories.

Jason

PS: This can was sitting in a vendor trailer next to 2 other l1950s dated cans, it was marked 15 dollars and no one bought it. I picked it up the last day right before I left.

David
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by David » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:41 am

Sounds like you have an original WWII USMC gascan. They are quite rare, and $15 is a steal! :wink:

Greetz

David

Jason

YEAHHHHHH

Post by Jason » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:31 pm

Thanks for the info, I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow. It's a cool can, Funny thing is that it's my 2nd WW2 can, most of the ones I've had are Korean era.

Jaosn

lucakiki
G-General
G-General

Congratulations!

Post by lucakiki » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:25 am

You lucked out,as they go for more than that.My 300 plus jerrycan collecting friend just got one recently,from the States after years of looking around.Send the picture to Dino! as well.It would surprise me if the manufacturer on the bottom is other than CONCO.
Luca

WillysMB#344142 6-19-44 Navy N.S.Blue Grey
45 Bantam T-3 #57248 1-10-45
42 Willys MB-T #13560 11-42
43 Willys MB-T # 25417 4-43
Way too many WWII military tools,hopefully thinning down,and way too many posts...

Return to “Gerry Cans or Jerry Cans”