Page 1 of 1


Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:17 am
by lucakiki
I would like to obtain a 41 water jerrycan.The kind with two eared screw lid and a W stamped where gas cans have,you guessed it,G.

41 water can

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:23 pm
by Tom Wolboldt
Hi Lucakiki

If you want a 41 water can you will need to watch out for one with the straight 4 ear lid. I have two 41 water cans and a 41 gas can. The rivet holding all 3 chains looks to be original to the cans. The gas is 2 straight ear and the waters are 4 straight ear.


2 or 4 ears?

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:32 am
by lucakiki
Tom,41 cans are quite uncommon here in Italy.I own one gas can by Wheeling, but for Water cans I only saw pictures.A NESCO one on Army Motors(MVCC) #18 Summer 81 has the two eared lid,and also the other that I have seen in pictures had the same feature.Possibly at a certain time in 41 they switched to four ears;I only heard this feature from you,so if the other guys who own 41 water cans are willing to tell us how their lid is,they are welcome.As for my wants,any nice 41 Water can is welcome.,second only to a U.S.N. war time can...

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:58 pm
by P.VanTine
I just picked up a 1941 water can and it has a weird lid on it.It looks like a 55 gallon drum lid but im not sure. The can also has the original color on it.

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:49 am
by Mike Wright
My 41 water can has the 2 ears.


Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:22 am
by lucakiki
An american friend agreed to give me the 41 water can I was looking for,so it is now off my want list.If you now have an irresistable urge to sell or trade a can to me a war time U.S.N. can is the only chance left! :)