WLA/WLC Generator Condenser

Radio Telephone and Telegraph Transmitting and Receiving Equipment
Wla-Brian
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
WLA/WLC Generator Condenser

Post by Wla-Brian » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:11 am

I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this question, but I just couldn't find it anywhere on the site. I've posted this on Motorcycle section to no avail., so I thought I'd try the radio experts......The WLA's and the XA motorcycles had radio suppression condensers attached to their generators. See pictures.
I have an old one an the only indentifiying mark is stamped "Delco Remy" on the end. My material states that they are of .25 Micro Farads.
Question is: What is the Delco Remy part number?
You see alot of delco remy condensers still in their original tins, but you can't see what it looks like and the sellers understandably don't want to open them up to view the contents. The condenser is 2.05" in length (Wire connection stud included), and 0.067" in diameter
Does anybody have the Delco Remy part number (Or any other part number other than Harley's) as I'd like to put a NEW condenser on the generator.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Brian
Attachments
WLA GENERATOR COND.JPG
WLA GENERATOR COND.JPG (129.6 KiB) Viewed 324 times
Harley Delco Remy Condenser.jpg
Harley Delco Remy Condenser.jpg (150.74 KiB) Viewed 324 times
Ebay Picture.jpg
(216.22 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Radtech
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: WLA/WLC Generator Condenser

Post by Radtech » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:57 am

There is a guy on Ebay selling the radio suppression kits.There were two different types with one which had a stud and nut and a 2nd with the wire fixed to the capacitor.It is the same .25mfd rated capacitor used in the ignition points.

Return to “Radio's and Communications”