Radio Telephone and Telegraph Transmitting and Receiving Equipment
GPW43
Sergeant Major of the Gee

CD-501 power cable, + PRC-47 Battery Carrier + Ammo Can

Post by GPW43 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:14 pm

Hello
I have the following that I no longer need:

CD501 power cable- arguably the hardest WW II cable to find- $115 shipped to your door (lower 48 states only)

PRC-47 battery carrier (part of the backpack kit- it is referenced as 'Battery Retainer' for the MX-4430 , NOS - I have two, asking $25 each + shipping to your destination. Both are mint (NOS);

Ammo Can- I know they aren't radio gear but could be used a power supply boxes right?
Powder coated (no stenciling) GREEN and one WHITE Mint shape .50 cal Ammo Cans - $25 a piece (cost me more to power coat them) plus shipping to your destination. I have one .30 cal GREEN and one White too, $20 each for them plus shipping to your destination.

Z
Attachments
Ammo Cans.jpg
PRC47.png
prc-47 battery carrier.jpg
Zareh
GPW 43
BMW R27
BMW R35

retro-roco
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: CD-501 power cable, + PRC-47 Battery Carrier + Ammo Can

Post by retro-roco » Wed May 20, 2020 4:45 pm

Go figure... the only CD501 I could find recently was approaching $300 so I sold my NOS generator. Do you have any idea how much money and frustration you probably saved me by offering this now instead of a few months ago! Thank you! :lol:
Kirk Gustafson
359th Infantry Regt. 90th Div. WWII HRS

1942 Chevy G506 1-1/2 ton 4x4 Cargo
1943 Ben Hur water trailer

smartsniper308
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant

Post by smartsniper308 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:56 am

PM sent
"You have much to learn grasshopper"-my jeep "sensei"

-Looking for any WWII military construction equipment!
-42 GPW 695##
-WC 12/13 (project)

GPW43

Post by GPW43 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:19 pm

retro-roco wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:45 pm
Go figure... the only CD501 I could find recently was approaching $300 so I sold my NOS generator. Do you have any idea how much money and frustration you probably saved me by offering this now instead of a few months ago! Thank you! :lol:
Hello Kirk
I am sorry you went through it; I recommend in the future to post a WANTED ad. I had FIVE of those CD501 cables as I collected them over time.
SOld Four last year as I decided I will not be having a HALF track and they went to good homes.

We all live and learn, take care. IF you need something hard to find contact me. Even modern stuff, I have tons of stuff, old and MODERN.

Z
Zareh
GPW 43
BMW R27
BMW R35

retro-roco
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by retro-roco » Mon May 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Z,

Thanks for your reply. My post was intended to be light hearted and joking. I knew when I bought the generator that it was outside my area of collecting. I was going to say outside my area of interest, but the truth is that just about anything WW2 Signal Corps interests me. I have decided to focus on telephone/telegraph/line construction just have a focus and hopefully avoid collection creep. I investigated the radio set the generator was used with, and started looking into the challenge and expense of finding and buying everything else I was missing.

Long story short, I decided to pass the generator on to someone who had a better start on the grouping and was needing a relatively rare generator to finish it off...

I appreciate your suggestion that I contact you with future wants and will try to remember to do so. A couple of things I can think of now would include wire reels DR-4 and a MC-123 pike pole. I have a number of small DR-8 wire reels and even a large DR-5 reel. a DR 4 is the same diameter, but not nearly as wide.

The MC-123 pike pole is a two-part pole with hook device on one end for raising field wires up into place.

Thanks again!
Kirk Gustafson
359th Infantry Regt. 90th Div. WWII HRS

1942 Chevy G506 1-1/2 ton 4x4 Cargo
1943 Ben Hur water trailer

Return to “Radio's and Communications”