FS: WW2 Plastic & Enameled Canteens + good USMC Canteen Covers

Living History / Reenacting uniforms, field gear, and equiptment, Wanted, For Sale (NO EBAY ITEMS) or Trade.
AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

FS: WW2 Plastic & Enameled Canteens + good USMC Canteen Covers

Post by AZ Jeff » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:11 pm

Thinning the herd some more. These are straight out of my collection so they represent some of the better pieces I've found after years of upgrading...

* WWI USMC Canteen Cover with EXC+ M1910 Canteen and Cup. You'll find several hundred Army covers before you'll see one of these. This is a wartime cover with standard LTD snaps -- as reflected in the price. Canteen and cup are both unmarked and therefore 1916 (dating began in 1917). Hook chape has wear/hole as shown. Otherwise a very scarce and nice set. $150

* c. 1942 Black Vertical Seam Enameled Canteen. Marking is gone but certainly Vollrath. ZERO CHIPS... Type 2 (flat top with lip) cap. Superb example. These are fragile and rarely make it this long without chips. $80

* 1942 Vollrath Black Vertical Seam Enameled Canteen. Marking intact and has one large chip corresponding with a cover snap. Correct Type 2 cap. Better than average and priced accordingly. $45

* 1943 Experimental Plastic Canteen. One of the best ones I ever had... Some mildew spots inside (which can be removed). Straight, unshrunken, NO CRACKS OR DAMAGE. A great example. $150

* USMC WW2 Type 1 Canteen Cover. A rare bird these days. Shows some age and wear. Named to RAY OSET on front, back and INSIDE(!). Snaps are good, not blown. I will probably regret selling this cover. $125

* USMC WW2 Type 3 Canteen Cover w/UNIS Mark. Has the 4thMarDiv UNIS marking "312" on the front. Rear chape was moved up (like the Type 1/2 covers). Color is good, no damage issues. This is not one of the semi-rotted UNIS covers found years ago. $100.

* USMC WW2 Type 4 Canteen Cover. VG-EXC example with strong color. Some spots and soiling but well above average as these go. $65

* Matching 1944 SM Co Stainless Canteen and Cup. Canteen appears NOS. Cup has dings on the lower edge on one side. Not rare but nice to get a matching set. $25

* WW2 Canteen/Equipment Extender Strap. Nice example showing some age and soiling but overall VG+. $25

Prices do not include postage. Please PM direct if interested. Thanks for looking!

Jeff Q.
AZ

Return to “Living History / Reenacting Wanted, For Sale”