ISO large WWII Uniform jacket

Living History / Reenacting uniforms, field gear, and equiptment, Wanted, For Sale (NO EBAY ITEMS) or Trade.
Andy Cole
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

ISO large WWII Uniform jacket

Post by Andy Cole » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 am

I have always LOVED military History. I started collecting historic militaria from the time I could rub two nickels together. The problem was, I rarely had two nickels.

When I was 19 I started reenacting the War between the States. I've spent WAY more than 1/2 of my life participating in historical living histories and reenactments. I've got more Reproduction American Civil War uniforms and equipment than I'll ever use again. That time period was my first love. I eagerly snatched up everything I could find and afford.

Over the years my interests have expanded and I have been enjoying the WWI and WWII eras now for 7-8 years......I'll let ya'll in on a little secret. I'm not a little fellow. Never have been. It has always been a struggle to find uniform components that fit. For the Civil War is was easy. I made most of my own. My mother had been a professional seamstress my entire life. She taught me how to sew at an early age. I took much pride in being able to authentically reproduce the uniforms and other items that I wore. For several years, I even made things for others.

However, finding proper fitting WWII uniforms has been a challenge, but I have done it....except for a few things. One of the things that I have a hankering for.....but don't really need (ya'll can relate), is a WWII service jacket.
I have several original jackets that are all sized like 36R, 38L, etc. I am desperately seeking the largest WWII era service coat I can find. I figure many of you are like me and keep random stuff laying about. Would any of you happen to have a size 48-50 or larger 4 pocket service coat? I'd even take one that was moth nipped or stained. Ratty Even. I may end up using it for a pattern to sew one.

I don't really need the thing. I don't ever attend events where I would wear it. Since when did "need" have anything to do with anyone's hobby?

Thanks for your consideration.
1943 Willys MB285433 D.O.D. 12-3-1943
1951 M100 trailer D.O.D. 3/51
1951 M37 Truck D.O.D. 5-28-1951
Wife D.O.D 7-21-1979
Boy D.O.D. 2-15-2007
Girl D.O.D. 4-9-2009
Girl D.O.D. 10-23-2012

Ken Perkins
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Re: ISO large WWII Uniform jacket