Helmets..WW2 & Korean War

Question and opinion regarding Living History / Reenacting.
ww2imposter
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant
Helmets..WW2 & Korean War

Post by ww2imposter » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:37 am

I have a large number of WW2 & Korean War helmets for sale. These are the real deal, not re-en actor or aftermarket fantasy pots. I have Airborne pots, medics pots, infantry pots, USMC pots, Navy pots, officer and NCO pots ect., ect., ect. In theater, hand painted and stenciled examples. Some have been photographed and published in books. Some are prohibitively expensive, others not so much. I've had this olive drab sickness for over 60 years and have been slowly culling the herd of all things "OD" for the last 6 or 8 years. Time for these to go. Will start here with a couple of the more affordable sets. All will accent your project nicely.
Anyone that may be interested please do not reply directly to this ad, it messes things up and I will not respond to anything but the personal message or email avenue, please.

#1.,First Div. "The Big Red One"
$275.00 +$20 bucks postage
This is a post war steel pot (1946-1950ish) matched up with a very nice WW2 liner. The steel pot is a rear seam swivel bail complete with original chin straps in good used/serviceable condition. Somewhere in it's journey the hand painted unit markings were sadly desecrated. The 1st. div. markings on the front are still clearly (subjective) identifiable. The brigade/battalion unit markings on the sides are unidentifiable (at least by me). This pot was most likely from a Japanese occupational unit.
The liner is a WW2 Firestone liner, hand stenciled w/pencile. The webbing/suspension is complete and in very good/serviceable cond. One of the US Armys' most famous divisions.
phpvAw8iEAM.jpg
phpEaILeJAM.jpg
phpbxt5W4AM.jpg
php0VmMwOAM.jpg
phpSkJsVgAM.jpg

ww2imposter
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant
Re: Helmets..WW2 & Korean War

Post by ww2imposter » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:42 am

#2., Korean War 1st Lt's helmet w/matching liner
$225.00 +$20 bucks postage
This is a re-issued WW2 rear seam swivel bail steel pot and WW2 liner. Painted and stenciled to a 1st. Lt W King w/"follow me" stripe. Original chin straps are starting to fray in the bail area, but still strong. Nearly 50% of the original WW2 corking remains. Original and perfectly matching Firestone liner w/a couple cracks and chips. Liner suspension is in great shape (missing nape strap). Leather headband is clearly dated 1953. A two war survivor.
php7fd5A6AM.jpg
phpjlAVHbAM.jpg
phpAato7vAM.jpg
phpZsz5eAAM.jpg
phpn2wjByAM.jpg
phpWgziBMAM.jpg
phpYFrBfoAM.jpg
php0ZyUWEAM.jpg
phpgeI01HAM.jpg

ww2imposter
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant
Re: Helmets..WW2 & Korean War

Post by ww2imposter » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:49 am

#3., Korean War M1 Airborne set. $650.00 + $20 bucks postage. $25 if you'd like it insured.
Front seam swivel bail w/original chin straps. 11th Airborne painted/tac marked 503rd PIR (parachute infantry regiment). Named w/ser# ....Very nearly complete (one liner snap is missing). Steel pot chin straps are complete and serviceable, excellent condition. Bullet impact on right side and partial seam separation in rear (battle damage ??? who knows).
Korean War vintage liner is complete (except for the one snap, see last pic), and in great shape.
The "Forgotten War". The rarity of this era, especially Airborne, is becoming painfully obvious.
phpecm9Z1PM.jpg
phpbqvCCzPM.jpg
php0QB4WDPM.jpg
phpvqG3FkPM.jpg
phpCH0j65PM.jpg
phphcIu3iPM.jpg
phpRhmvlYPM.jpg
phpMrL92xPM.jpg
phpy706yOPM.jpg
phpZUfUDUPM.jpg

Return to “Living History / Reenacting Knowledge Base”