3-May Wall Twp, NJ Pine Creek Railroad

Question and opinion regarding Living History / Reenacting.
Rustman
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

3-May Wall Twp, NJ Pine Creek Railroad

Post by Rustman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:07 pm

From Cody Fisher, our own AirCorpsClerk here on G503
I’m looking for any WWII Allied groups, vehicle owners, or spirited individuals who would be interested in being part of a one-day inaugural WWII event at the Pine Creek Railroad in Wall Twp. NJ on Sunday, May 3rd.
This will serve as the springboard for a larger weekend-long event in 2021.
Public hours will likely be the same as the normal operating schedule of 11-5pm.
Setup on Saturday afternoon is fine, and folks are welcome to stay on site overnight if they would like.
There is a fair bit of leeway for what sort of displays that units/individuals can put on, and are additionally welcome to put a stateside mobilization spin on things as well.
The event’s centerpiece is the US Army locomotive 7751 which served in Oahu during WWII.
Groups, individuals, or vehicle owners who may be interested in taking part are welcome to message me here or email me at aircorpsclerk@gmail.com
Pine Creek Railroad is pretty far from me, so I haven't made it out, but I've been following this since it was first talked about. Looks like it'll be a laid back fun event and there is hope to grow it into something larger in the future. Be great to see a few Jeeps, maybe a WC or two. Some MPs could be good, always need to be on the lookout for German spies on the train.

Matt
1970 Kaiser Jeep DJ-5A Left Hand Drive
1945 Corps of Engineers Welder & Trailer
1943 G518 "Ben Hur" Trailer Steel Body
194* G518 "Ben Hur" Trailer Composite Body
http://g518parts.com/

Lee Bishop
G503 War Correspondent
G503 War Correspondent

Re: 3-May Wall Twp, NJ Pine Creek Railroad

Post by Lee Bishop » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:47 pm

Cool, 7751 is a rare 25-tonner (way shorter than a CCKW). If you gotta do a WW2 event with a diesel, that'd be a good one to use!
If I lived anywhere near there, I'd go with my Jeep.
I looked it up, and I'm only 2895 miles from there... :?
Owner, 1944 Willys MB #366014
Former US Army Captain and REMF :mrgreen:

Return to “Living History / Reenacting Knowledge Base”