WTB Hi-Quality Reproduction M1A1 Bazooka

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
redjoshman
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

WTB Hi-Quality Reproduction M1A1 Bazooka

Post by redjoshman » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:47 pm

Hello,
I am looking for a reproduction M1A1 Bazooka either from LBOE Enterprises OR Ordnance Reproductions/Lee Barlow.

Send me a PM, and we can hopefully work something out.

-Josh

snopro
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: WTB Hi-Quality Reproduction M1A1 Bazooka

Post by snopro » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:02 am

I just picked up an IMA and was happy with it

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:41 pm

Then you have not had the pleasure of Mr. Barlows reproductions. When he made them, museums were lining up. No details were skipped on, from wire guage to wood dimensions, etc. 2nd to none, way above the Chinese copies.
V/R W. Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

redjoshman
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by redjoshman » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:30 pm

W. Winget wrote:Then you have not had the pleasure of Mr. Barlows reproductions. When he made them, museums were lining up. No details were skipped on, from wire guage to wood dimensions, etc. 2nd to none, way above the Chinese copies.
V/R W. Winget
I had one of his, but sold it in order to acquire a Tim Gaine reproduction M9A1.

Would love to be able purchase one of his again, either second or from him, though latter does not seem possible at the moment and appears not to be for the foreseeable future.

I would, as I said on the OP, also be interested in a LBOE reproduction as they were in comparable quality.

Best,
Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robin
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Robin » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:24 pm

Just looking at the pictures of the IMA replicas makes my stomach turn.
41 M3 37mm A/T gun
42 M1A1 75mm pack how
43 MBT trailer
43 WC52
43 WC62
44 Chevy 1.5 ton
44 MZ2 USMC radio Jeep
44 RL35 reel cart
44 K38 trailer
43 K52 trailer
43 M3A4 handcarts(8)
M1942 USMC handcart
M1917 Litter Carrier
M1917 Ammo cart
43 Columbia bike

patriot
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by patriot » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:47 pm

redjoshman wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:30 pm
W. Winget wrote:Then you have not had the pleasure of Mr. Barlows reproductions. When he made them, museums were lining up. No details were skipped on, from wire guage to wood dimensions, etc. 2nd to none, way above the Chinese copies.
V/R W. Winget
I had one of his, but sold it in order to acquire a Tim Gaine reproduction M9A1.

Would love to be able purchase one of his again, either second or from him, though latter does not seem possible at the moment and appears not to be for the foreseeable future.

I would, as I said on the OP, also be interested in a LBOE reproduction as they were in comparable quality.

Best,
Josh

How much did the Tim Gaine M9A1 set you back? Are they still available? I heard they were nice.

redjoshman
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by redjoshman » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:13 am

patriot wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:47 pm
redjoshman wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:30 pm
V/R W. Winget

Best,
Josh

How much did the Tim Gaine M9A1 set you back? Are they still available? I heard they were nice.
The Tim Gaine reproduction sent me back ~$600-$700 if memory serves me correctly (I purchased it in the spring of 2017). I do not know if they are still available.

Mine is exceptionally nice and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Best,
Josh

patriot
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by patriot » Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:41 pm

Thanks for the feedback on your M9A1 launcher Josh. Do you know if any original parts were used in the repro builds? I was talking with a company sometime last year, and found it interesting that they started production on making repro's of the M9A1s, and they were incorporating original parts into their builds. I don't know if Tim Gaine was part of that project, or not.

Patrick

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:03 pm

I know the owner of LBOE and will tell him about your post. I don't think Mike is making these anymore.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

redjoshman
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by redjoshman » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:30 pm

patriot wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:41 pm
Thanks for the feedback on your M9A1 launcher Josh. Do you know if any original parts were used in the repro builds? I was talking with a company sometime last year, and found it interesting that they started production on making repro's of the M9A1s, and they were incorporating original parts into their builds. I don't know if Tim Gaine was part of that project, or not.

Patrick
Patrick,
I know that the grip & the optical sight (which I replaced the "bar sight" which was what was used during the war) were original. I think a couple of other parts, like the range scale and stock, were also original but I can't remember for sure.
John Neuenburg wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:03 pm
I know the owner of LBOE and will tell him about your post. I don't think Mike is making these anymore.
Thank you John, that'd be very much appreciated.

His website has them as in production & available, but he might not have updated the website to reflect that they are no longer being in production:
http://lboe.com/ReplicaBazookaUpdate.html

If anyone has a used one that they might be willing to sell, I would certainly be interested in that as well.

Best,
Josh

dantheman

Post by dantheman » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:33 am

I recently purchased one of Tim Gaine's fine M9A1 replicas. The price is now around $1200, but in my opinion it is well worth it. As far as I know the only original parts Tim uses, at this point, are the optical sight and NOS M9 coupling lock screws. Since he uses NOS M9 coupling lock screws, PN B7311783, his replicas are technically M9s and not M9A1s. I've never seen the M9A1 lock screw B7312033, so I'm not entirely sure what the differences are other than they are not compatible.

Tim's most recent production, like mine, uses a replica grip assembly he created by casting an original in resin. The trigger moves but there is no click like a live grip since there is no magneto, and the safety does not move. Visually you can not tell them apart. Also, he added a tab to the grip mount to block the installation of an original, live, grip assembly. Both barrel halves have cross pins, and the rear half has a bore diameter hole per ATF rules but he hides it under the sight bracket. A rocket will fit in the tube and lock into place.

The range plate on the sight bracket is original as well, but it is a M20 super bazooka range plate. It's similar to a M9/M9A1 plate but not exactly. Other than that, Tim pretty much nails all the details. I have studied lots of pictures of originals and Tim's is pretty much spot on. The version he sold me as parkerized before painting to increase corrosion resistance, which the originals were not. I find this to be a great feature since you can't tell, it increases the paint's durability, and the bore won't rust if you keep it oiled.

If anyone is interested I can provide he his email address, but he is on the forums here. I do know he makes these to order so do expect there to be a wait period. But perfection takes time.

Finally, in regards to LBOE and Lee Barlow, I'm pretty certain both are out of production at the moment. I spoke to Lee several years ago at length about his plans to produce them again. He was building a house at the time and had his hands full with life. He did say he had parts. Hopefully he will see this post and chime in as he is on here as well. Jonathan Hayworth from the UK makes a mighty fine replica as well, but last we spoke he wasn't willing to go through the hassle of importing them to the US.
-Dan

1945 GPW 267188 (numbers matching)

redjoshman
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by redjoshman » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:02 pm

dantheman wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:33 am
Finally, in regards to LBOE and Lee Barlow, I'm pretty certain both are out of production at the moment. I spoke to Lee several years ago at length about his plans to produce them again. He was building a house at the time and had his hands full with life. He did say he had parts. Hopefully, he will see this post and chime in, as he is on here as well. Jonathan Hayworth from the UK makes a mighty fine replica as well, but last we spoke, he wasn't willing to go through the hassle of importing them to the US.
Yeah, while I wish I could just buy one new from either of them (and while LBOE's current verbiage on the site makes it somewhat unclear about current production), I understand how much of a long shot it is. There is a demilled original that is for sale somewhere, and I would be interested in them doing a restoration of it even as it is missing a couple of minor parts.

I would also be very much interested in a used one from any of those three vendors (LBOE, Barlow, or an imported Hayworth). As much as I love my Tim Gaine M9A1 bazooka, there are the occasional impressions & events I do where it is not the best or correct option.

For those that might be interested, attached are some photographs of my Tim Gaine bazooka and my restored rocket collection.

Best,
Josh
Attachments
Bazookaman impression.jpg
Impression of a bazookaman in B/399 on April 17, 1945
Bazooka Rockets.jpg
Photograph of my collection of restored bazooka rocket collection
Bazooka & Bag.jpg
Photograph of my M9A1 bazooka (folded) and the original bags.

John Neuenburg
Gee Old Hand

Post by John Neuenburg » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:22 am

I talked to old friend Mike at LBOE. He has been off the radar screen due to moving and building a new home east of Sacramento. He said he has parts and will get back into production maybe first quarter of 2023. Personally I hope he has some to display and sell at the annual Camp Plymouth Swap Meet & Military Vehicle Show April 19th through the 22nd in Plymouth, California. Shows like that are a good place for buyers to pick up parts from sellers to avoid freight costs.

I miss my LBOE M1A1 because it went with the M20 armored car I sold a few years ago. I might be in the market for a M9 replica in 2023.
Military Vehicle Collectors of California
MVPA 7404
1942 Ford GPW British Special Air Service Regiment Replica
1944 Willys MB
1941 Indian 640
BSA Folding Bicycles
M1942 Command Post Tent

redjoshman
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by redjoshman » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:46 am

John Neuenburg wrote:I talked to old friend Mike at LBOE. He has been off the radar screen due to moving and building a new home east of Sacramento. He said he has parts and will get back into production maybe first quarter of 2023. Personally I hope he has some to display and sell at the annual Camp Plymouth Swap Meet & Military Vehicle Show April 19th through the 22nd in Plymouth, California. Shows like that are a good place for buyers to pick up parts from sellers to avoid freight costs.

I miss my LBOE M1A1 because it went with the M20 armored car I sold a few years ago. I might be in the market for a M9 replica in 2023.
John,
Do you have a good contact? Would love to be among the first on the list for the upcoming run whenever he starts offering them again.

-Josh

dantheman

Post by dantheman » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:57 am

John Neuenburg wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:22 am
I talked to old friend Mike at LBOE. He has been off the radar screen due to moving and building a new home east of Sacramento. He said he has parts and will get back into production maybe first quarter of 2023. Personally I hope he has some to display and sell at the annual Camp Plymouth Swap Meet & Military Vehicle Show April 19th through the 22nd in Plymouth, California. Shows like that are a good place for buyers to pick up parts from sellers to avoid freight costs.

That is great news, glad to hear it!
-Dan

1945 GPW 267188 (numbers matching)

Return to “Weapons”