Larry E Shaw M2 50 cal drawing needed

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
Metaldesign
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Larry E Shaw M2 50 cal drawing needed

Post by Metaldesign » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:59 am

Hello

On this forum in 2010 mmike have posted some pics of 50 cal blueprints ( old Springfield Armory factory drawings )

These drawings are stamped Larry E Shaw 2004 , after searching on Google I have not succeed to locate any Larry E Shaw .

So does some one know how to get copy of the restored drawings of Larry ? I agree to pay but I need first to locate them.

My purpose is to built an accurate outside CAD of the receiver + barrel as there is a lot of CAD available on internet but most of them are inaccurate .

Regards

Mdesign

Falldownjaeger
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: Larry E Shaw M2 50 cal drawing needed

Post by Falldownjaeger » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:40 pm

A CAD is what we need to have them water jet cut for dummy guns. Good luck, put me on the list.
1995 M1025A2 Orig 5SFG GMV ODA525 "Hammerhead"
1995 M1025A2 Orig 1st SFC GMV 5 Commanders In Extremis Force GMV
1984 Chenowth Interim Fast Attack Vehicle 061 'Horny Toad"

Metaldesign
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by Metaldesign » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:18 pm

Hello

I can generate CAD that not a problem for me but I do not want to generate a crappy CAD with ''look a like dims '' , internet is full of crappy CAD so I need original blue prints.

Most of the drawings available focus on the side plates ( with some mistakes for some ) but nothing useful for bottom plate or even receiver assembly main dims which are mandatory to fit on cradle .

That mandatory to built a nice replica from raw material , I agree that not necessary if that to built a replica from torch cut part or scrapped parts but torch cut parts are not easy to locate and also not cheap .

Regards

Mdesign

David_4x4

Post by David_4x4 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:14 am

I think most drawings focus on side plates only because everything else is readily available.
M2A1 Halftrack
M20 Armored Car
M35A2
M151A1

Metaldesign
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by Metaldesign » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:20 am

Hello David 4x4

Parts are available in the USA that true I agree , outside USA that a nightmare to locate original parts even '' unclassified'' small parts so if you want to built a set of 4 M2 HB a life will be not enough.

With the new US export laws nothing is exportable without license even a wood stock is under export license.

Regards

Mdesign

Falldownjaeger

Post by Falldownjaeger » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:32 pm

Isn't weapons technical information covered under ITAR, too? Example, the 3D printing file for the AR15 lower receiver isn't allowed to be exported or downloaded outside of USA from a CONUS source. So would it be a violation to mail a set of Right Side Plate Prints to a foreign national?

My own thoughts on the dummy receiver: Having handled these things from when I was only 17yrs old, I know what the real thing looks like, and feels like humping it from the Arms Room down to the Track Line at the motorpool. I'd want to at least weld the thicker rear portion of the plate to a thinner front plate to make it look like the original. Or at least use a spotwelder to weld that addition block with Rear Grip Plate slot and the radius at the front to the full sized 3/16" or 1/4" plate.
1995 M1025A2 Orig 5SFG GMV ODA525 "Hammerhead"
1995 M1025A2 Orig 1st SFC GMV 5 Commanders In Extremis Force GMV
1984 Chenowth Interim Fast Attack Vehicle 061 'Horny Toad"

Metaldesign
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Post by Metaldesign » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:30 pm

Hello

thanks for answer , I will make some clarification

I have side plate drawings I do not plan to built a REAL machine gun but JUST built a replica and I just NEED the bottom plate drawing or the receiver assembly drawing to CONFIRM the pins holes spacing NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS

I do not see the link with an outside drawing of a WWII weapon and ITAR , but I agree the new way of life is all is ITAR that so easy .

the ITAR stupidity go so far that now some scientific equipment are ITAR like this terrific part :

The Kistler 600A10

Which is simple stainless steel washer for sensor but as that written ''ballistic'' on the box as this class of sensor are named ''ballistic'' by Kistler the well know Swiss company that ITAR.

So that just and only a seal washer for high pressure sensor which is use in a lot of laboratory from automotive fuel injection ramp to chemical reactor in pharmaceutical industries nothing more nothing less.

So now rather to wait several months for a 0.87 USD part due to the DSP83 time to check and recheck because that ITAR so ''' very dangerous '' just because this seal is from a Swiss company BUT they are produced inside the USA
I produce now the seals myself and that a perfect working copy , but I am not sure at all to be a ter????t but not at all .

Regarding AR15 and the tale of the printing gun , go on the web a lot of website OUTSIDE the USA and complete CAD of the terrific AR15 including internal parts are available .
AR15 are for sale in a lot of countries outside the USA and 3D scanning . caliper and micrometer are free to own and now a lot of countries produce AR15 without the need of the USA.

Take also in consideration that a gun in USA is the receiver ONLY following the US laws and all the other parts are free to purchase inside the USA but in the Rest Of the World ( ROW ) that not the case at all , guns and most of parts are classified as bolt , barrel .. and not just the receiver so built replica as empty shell is the only way to go as a replica is completely inert and non firing and are not firearms as airsoft are not also firearms .

I can also scan a demil M2 , I have a FARO arm and I can rebuilt a complete TDP on my CAD station , but I just need a copy of a WWII drawing of the outside of a receiver for an historical project

Take in consideration that I have a deep respect for the US soldiers KIA during WWI and WWII as they have give their life for freedom but I am not sure at all that some actual US gov employee and most US politic shall earn my respect.

Regards from ROW

Mdesign

Return to “Weapons”