FS: 75mm M61 Sherman Tank Round

Demilitarized vehicle weapons and static display accessories
Rott51
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

FS: 75mm M61 Sherman Tank Round

Post by Rott51 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:19 pm

Very nice 75mm M61 APC round used in the M4 Sherman Tank. Correct 75mm M18 casing. This armor piercing round is dated 1942 and has been repainted and stenciled correctly. The casing is dated 1943 and was veteran marked with the city name “Weert” 22-Sept -1944. This was the date Weert, Netherlands, was liberated. Opportunity for a seldom encountered piece of ordnance. Asking $795.00 plus shipping, US only. If using PP, must be F&F. This round can also be delivered at the upcoming SOS in Louisville to eliminate shipping costs.

Sherman round1.jpeg
Sherman round2.jpeg
Sherman round3.jpeg
Sherman round4.jpeg

frenchman
G-Major
G-Major
Re: FS: 75mm M61 Sherman Tank Round

Post by frenchman » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:52 pm

how do you came out with that price
frenchman

mtflorio
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by mtflorio » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:16 pm

I thought that I would add a comment on the price of inert ordnance. The shell cases are not that expensive or that difficult to find. Unfired projectiles on the other hand are pretty scarce. I have been collecting WWII tank shells for a number of years now. During that time they have done nothing but go up in price. ITAR has also taken a toll on the supplies of these items. ITAR was enacted in 1976 and has prohibited the import and export of inert ordnance to the US. Personaly, I bought an empty 6pounder shell casing from a gentleman in the UK. When it hit US Customs it was destroyed by Customs. I lost whatever I paid for it. More of this stuff especially the German and Russian shells are available in Europe but can no longer be brought into the US. Many of these shells, when they come up for sale on Gunbroker are quite expensive. $800 is what they are going for.
1942 Willys MB Slat Grill
1943 Willys MBT
1943 Huffman G519 Bicycle
1941 Indian 741

Rott51
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Post by Rott51 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:47 pm

mtflorio, thank you for your input.

Frenchman, can you point me toward any 75mm M61 rounds, currently for sale, to compare the price to?

Kaptainssurplus
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Kaptainssurplus » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:36 pm

mtflorio wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:16 pm
I thought that I would add a comment on the price of inert ordnance. The shell cases are not that expensive or that difficult to find. Unfired projectiles on the other hand are pretty scarce. I have been collecting WWII tank shells for a number of years now. During that time they have done nothing but go up in price. ITAR has also taken a toll on the supplies of these items. ITAR was enacted in 1976 and has prohibited the import and export of inert ordnance to the US. Personaly, I bought an empty 6pounder shell casing from a gentleman in the UK. When it hit US Customs it was destroyed by Customs. I lost whatever I paid for it. More of this stuff especially the German and Russian shells are available in Europe but can no longer be brought into the US. Many of these shells, when they come up for sale on Gunbroker are quite expensive. $800 is what they are going for.
It's not prohibited now to import inert ordnance, it is just more difficult and requires permits etc to do it. There are companies and individuals now importing inert ordnance from Europe all the time, multiple container loads at a time, even German and Russia WW2 stuff. I think the price is high for a APC round, HE versions are the ones getting more money. I have seen the APC rounds sell on GB for around $300-400ish in the last few years, I know of 4 private sales of APC rounds for $350ish from people I know in the last 2yrs. While I agree inert ordnance prices have gone up, I have also seen them recently come back down and the market slow down big time. While really nice/mint and rare items will always do good, much of the market was over inflated these last few years as was basically everything, especially all the hobbies, ie like cars and collectibles. Also inert ordnance gets recycled back into the market as people die, those who have massive collections, it all ends up back on the market at some point, like most hobbies. I know of a few major collections in recent years get sold off and a few more massive collections soon to be sold as well, this will absolutely skew/flood the market for a bit when it happens, just as all the recently imported stuff has done too.

Return to “Weapons”