Ben Hur trailer wanted

Half-ton trailer series and larger, Wanted, For Sale(NO EBAY ITEMS), and Knowledge Base
Whippoorwill1961
G-Civilian

Ben Hur trailer wanted

Post by Whippoorwill1961 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:19 pm

I have a 1942 Dodge WC 52 and would like to find a Ben Hur trailer to tow. Prefer restored, but open to whatever condition I might find. I’m near Saratoga ny

ng19delta
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant
Re: Ben Hur trailer wanted

Post by ng19delta » Wed May 25, 2022 5:51 am

I have two wooden Ben Hur trailers available in NJ, right across the river from Philadelphia... I am asking $2000 each, but am open to some negotiation. One is a 1945 Hercules T6, the other is a 1943 WIllys TW-6. Both have all new wood, and are about 95% complete. They both still need some work (painting, wiring) but have been completely disassembled, new wood made, etc. All the hardest parts are there for each except the landing wheel itself. Both USA numbers are known. Racks are completed for one, the other I have the wood for the racks. I have the materials for the bows as well, but no canvas. PM me your e-mail & I can send pics.

Scott

Ron D
G-Major
G-Major

Post by Ron D » Wed May 25, 2022 6:09 pm

Ron D
1951 M38
1951 M100

Rustman
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Rustman » Wed May 25, 2022 6:58 pm

ng19delta wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:51 am
I have two wooden Ben Hur trailers available in NJ, right across the river from Philadelphia... I am asking $2000 each, but am open to some negotiation. One is a 1945 Hercules T6, the other is a 1943 WIllys TW-6. Both have all new wood, and are about 95% complete. They both still need some work (painting, wiring) but have been completely disassembled, new wood made, etc. All the hardest parts are there for each except the landing wheel itself. Both USA numbers are known. Racks are completed for one, the other I have the wood for the racks. I have the materials for the bows as well, but no canvas. PM me your e-mail & I can send pics.

Scott
I've seen photos of these trailers every step of the way from when Scott first took them home. Meticulous restoration. Also if you have any sort of inkling to own a wood body one you cannot buy the lumber today for what he's selling them for. I know. I have a wood body I'm restoring and I've spent almost $500 to buy rough cut lumber at about 30% of market value. I will have about 40 hours of work just milling all the lumber. He's done that already on these.

Matt
1970 Kaiser Jeep DJ-5A Left Hand Drive
1945 Corps of Engineers Welder & Trailer
1943 G518 "Ben Hur" Trailer Steel Body
194* G518 "Ben Hur" Trailer Composite Body
http://g518parts.com/

ng19delta
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by ng19delta » Thu May 26, 2022 6:21 am

Rustman wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:58 pm
ng19delta wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:51 am

Scott
I've seen photos of these trailers every step of the way from when Scott first took them home. Meticulous restoration. Also if you have any sort of inkling to own a wood body one you cannot buy the lumber today for what he's selling them for. I know. I have a wood body I'm restoring and I've spent almost $500 to buy rough cut lumber at about 30% of market value. I will have about 40 hours of work just milling all the lumber. He's done that already on these.

Matt
Thanks, Matt!

ng19delta
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by ng19delta » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:57 am

My two are still available- Would like to rehome both at this point- I am moving soon...

PM for details/pics

Scott

Return to “Trailers 1/2 ton +”