F/S: Two M101 trailers. A1 and A2

Half-ton trailer series and larger, Wanted, For Sale(NO EBAY ITEMS), and Knowledge Base
Miles Through Time
banned

F/S: Two M101 trailers. A1 and A2

Post by Miles Through Time » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 am

The museum recently acquired two M101 ¾ ton trailers and our current military vehicles on display are too small to accurately be attached to these trailers. So, we are making them available “as is” and this is a gauge level of interest posting. The trailers are not in our possession until the next week or so, so the pics posted here and the info gleaned from them is all we have to work with for now. Once they arrive on site, we can better determine their condition and any issues that may need to be addressed.
It is my understanding that, in addition to being military vehicle trailers, this type of trailer is popular with the overland camping crowd and we would rather not do any restoration on a trailer that may have it all undone.
One is an A1 and one is an A2. My understanding is that the A1 does not have a surge brake and the A2 does and that is the difference between the two.
We would offer them up “as is” for $900 each, or both for $1,500. They will be in the N. GA area in the next few weeks, they are in N. AL right now and we can transport them to the MVPA convention in Sough Bend if paid for in advance.

PM if interested. First buyer gets choice of A1 or A2.
Gadsten 1.jpeg
Gadsten 2.jpeg
Gadsten 3.jpeg
Gadsten 4.jpeg
Gadsten 5.jpeg
Gadsten 6.jpeg
Gadsten 7.jpeg
Gadsten 8.jpeg

jvm
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant
Re: F/S: Two M101 trailers. A1 and A2

Post by jvm » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:30 pm

Hello, Could i have a contact phone number to talk more in detail about trailers? I might be interested in both. Thank you, Jim

Miles Through Time
banned

Post by Miles Through Time » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:44 pm

Jim,
Got your PM. I'll coll you on Monday. I don't know much more than what was written until they get delivered to us sometime in the next week or so. But you've got first crack at them.

Miles Through Time
banned

Post by Miles Through Time » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:59 am

Still don't have these in our possession, but the pics do not show tail lights. I heard an interesting comment about how that is ow the military "demilled" trailers for civilian purchase. They just removed the 24v tail lights. Everything else should be there. Will confirm upon arrival, but this is the first I have heard this demill comment.

But we have seen lots of trailers in the past with no or 12v Bubba tail lights. Interesting.

Miles Through Time
banned

Post by Miles Through Time » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:44 am

Well, they both have the dual stop service 24v tail lights. More pics to come, now that I have them on site. I have a feeling they are both A1's as neither has a surge brake. But both direct from AL National Guard as marked as such. Both have wooden bows, not figreglass and both have 5 lug M37 wheels. So, some motor pool work done, I presume.
Both are solid as a tank, though.

Miles Through Time
banned

Post by Miles Through Time » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:16 am

After reading my thread title again, I sound like Lawrence Welk.
Put bows up and washed off both vinyl tops and have them on for storage. Will post these on FB and take to Steel Soldiers rallly this fall. Even though data plate shows one to be an A2, I'll just refer to them both as A1's as no surge brake on either. All tires hold air and all hand brakes work. Two solid trailers. More pics available upon request.

Miles Through Time
banned

Post by Miles Through Time » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:28 pm

Couple of more pics with bows and cargo covers on..Convoy marker light on rear. Pretty neat.
gadsten 9.JPG
gadsten 10.JPG
gadsten 11.JPG
gadsten 12.JPG
gadsten 13.JPG
gadsten 14.JPG
gadsten 15.JPG
gadsten 16.JPG

Miles Through Time
banned

Post by Miles Through Time » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:13 pm