Putting the feelers out

Half-ton trailer series and larger, Wanted, For Sale(NO EBAY ITEMS), and Knowledge Base

Interest in having landing leg support bracket produced

Yes
80%
No
20%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes: 5

reeg
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Putting the feelers out

Post by reeg » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:56 pm

Evening gang. I wanted to put out some feelers about having cast landing leg support brackets produced. I think a few of you guys may already be in the process or planning to in the future. If someone is already in the works of having the support brackets produced I don’t want to bother with it or step on anyone’s toes so please let me know.

In the mean time I have a friend who does casting/ 3D scanning. He gave me several options of making the bracket but the cost changes significantly from 3D scanned, to cast or even billet aluminum. Thanks to Kendall, I have a resin copy of the cast bracket I think will work as a example. . I don’t have an original. I could forge one for me similar but would like to get some of these out to guys needing them.

Any interest in these or concerns please reply. Basically I need to know if I should have 50 brackets made or several hundred. Or any at all. 😄
--- It's not the fenders that make the motor run! ---
Reese
45 MB 7-25-45 #456928
1945 M3A4 Handcart John Wood MFG #35761
1944 Ben Hur Trailer serial#
PU-58/G

RocnTJ
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Re: Putting the feelers out

Post by RocnTJ » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:32 pm

I have been looking for one for several years now. Only part I am missing from a complete original trailer. Hope you get some made.
Tom

Rustman
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Putting the feelers out

Post by Rustman » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:05 pm

That and the stamped steel ones are on my to-do. I have originals of both and a Patternmaker's Guide textbook by my side. Just need to make the pattern and get it sent off to the foundry.

Matthew

Last bumped by reeg on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:05 pm.
1970 Kaiser Jeep DJ-5A Left Hand Drive
1945 Corps of Engineers Welder & Trailer
1943 G518 "Ben Hur" Trailer Steel Body
194* G518 "Ben Hur" Trailer Composite Body
http://g518parts.com/

Return to “Trailers 1/2 ton +”