G- 518 SEAL-WHEEL BEARING, OIL.

Half-ton trailer series and larger, Wanted, For Sale(NO EBAY ITEMS), and Knowledge Base
D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

G- 518 SEAL-WHEEL BEARING, OIL.

Post by D.R.H. » Fri May 10, 2019 6:43 pm

Hey Gents, I was sloshing around our favorite click-bait spend site the other day and ROD SHAVER had posted these little gems up, For Sale. They were delivered to the 2MARDIV NORWES-PAC MO-T REPDEP for a very reasonable $35 and change. The seals that were in my trailer retained much service life, and even though trailers may not be taken everywhere the truck goes, it is good to have spares in the Supply Office. :wink: He may have more on His shelf, but I don't know.
Here are a couple of photos for your viewing enjoyment.

Thanks Rod!!
I want all you guys to know that I purposefully RUINED :o the originality of the seals' packaging, just for you!!
In Loving Memoriam: George R. Hancock. 20 Mar. 1938 - 11 Jan. 2017. U.S.A.F. 1956 - 1962. R.I.P. Dad.

Tinwoodsman
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: G- 518 SEAL-WHEEL BEARING, OIL.

Post by Tinwoodsman » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:58 am

I am restoring my trailer now. Which seals are these and where do they go?

D.R.H.
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: G- 518 SEAL-WHEEL BEARING, OIL.

Post by D.R.H. » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:42 pm

It's quite complicated to explain actually. You have to first remove your wheel assembly and outer wheel bearing from inside the hub. Then you dis-assemble the uni-lateral Phase Detractor to remove the Cardinal gram-meter. After that, you must look for the base-plate of pre-famulated Ammulite, You then will see that the two Spurving bearings will be in direct alignment with the Pan-nemetric Fam. The 6 hydro-coptic Marzelvanes will then need to be removed so that the normal Lotus O-Delta Pan Endermic Boloid slots at not marred. This will prevent side fumbling of the ambificient Lunar-Wayneshaft. Be careful not to bend the drawn reciprocation dingle-arm as you remove the hub from the axle. When you have reached this point you merely pop the old seal out of the hub, repack your inner wheel bearing and reassemble.
Hope this helps, Dave. :)

Seriously now Tinwoodsman, they are the inner hub seals. I was just having a bit of fun.
In Loving Memoriam: George R. Hancock. 20 Mar. 1938 - 11 Jan. 2017. U.S.A.F. 1956 - 1962. R.I.P. Dad.

Return to “Trailers 1/2 ton +”