WTB: 57mm/6Pdr antitank gun Parts

Towed Artillery, Wanted, For Sale,(NO EBAY ITEMS) and Knowledge Base
Slurr
G-Private
G-Private
WTB: 57mm/6Pdr antitank gun Parts

Post by Slurr » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:15 pm

Hi all,

I am helping restore a Canadian 2Pdr on an original mark 4 trail which is mostly the same as the 6Pdr/57mm trail.

The parts needed are mainly 57mm/6Pdr , so any US 57mm or 6Pdr parts that people are willing to part with, please PM me to let me know.

Parts we are needing are: Elevation mechanism with handwheel, traverse mechanism with handwheel, round axle, saddle supporting bracket which connects to the axle, Firing lever mechanism, Handbrake levers, sight mounts, trail attachments, shields.

I am interested in any parts, as complete or incomplete that you may have, as it will still help us move forward with getting this unique artillery piece completed. If you have parts but are not willing to part with them, accurate drawings will be greatly appreciated too.

I have attached a few photos for your reference to what I am looking for, and the assembled one is from a museum in Canada. Some of the pictures are from the US 57mm manual but I am using those pictures as a representation as they are mainly interchangeable with 6pdr.

This original mk4 trail that we have managed to make its way ALL the way to little old New Zealand, so it will be the only one of its type here when it is complete.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

David Burr
New Zealand
Attachments
Axle.PNG
saddle supporting bracket.PNG
115139.jpg
complete 2pdr 7 jpeg.jpg
Identification List 33.jpg
Identification List 29.jpg
Identification List 28.jpg
Identification List 17.jpg
Identification List 16.jpg
Breech.PNG
1941 2Pdr MkIV Canadian
M3 Hybrid Stuart Tank

kevin powles
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: WTB: 57mm/6Pdr antitank gun Parts

Post by kevin powles » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:01 pm

Hi, I’m building something similar to this but which mounter on a universal carrier, I’ll send you a pm. I’m looking for the part that attaches the elevation gearbox to the recuperator. I have a few parts to trade.

Thanks

kevin powles
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by kevin powles » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:04 pm

Here is a picture of the 2 pdr on the universal carrier.
Attachments
6AE286A0-21D6-43DF-A9DB-D4FC91252642.jpeg
B2ADD444-8771-4D43-A29D-6B3E6B655750.jpeg

cmpman
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by cmpman » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:10 pm

I had to take a walk outside, as I was pretty sure I have a spare axle for the Cdn carriage. Yep, complete with spindles, although the backing plates are bent a bit. I went to one of the sheds where I saw tires a while back and there are four 6 pounder tires with hubs and drums. For some reason, I think I have some of the brake parts in a box somewhere, but would have to look a little deeper to find them....no guarantees.
Now for the problem. I don't think I could possibly be further from you than where I am in Shilo Manitoba. I have heard of farm equipment being shipped to NZ from the next province over (Saskatchewan) but depending on where in Saskatchewan, even that is hard to get the parts to. Good news is I am only 9 kms from the major East/West highway that travels across Canada, so if you do hear of a shipment from somewhere, it might be doable to get it there.

Edited to add: Just noticed this thread is over a year old. Don't know why I missed it back then. If you still need this axle, don't hesitate to contact me.

Return to “Artillery”