CCKW LWB fuel tank, NOS- FOR SALE

Military Trucks 2 1/2 ton and greater, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: kw573

fortbillerica
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
CCKW LWB fuel tank, NOS- FOR SALE

Post by fortbillerica » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:25 pm

Never used, CCKW, NOS, fuel tank.

Has early style smaller fuel fill, but will fit on any LWB, CCKW cargo truck, early or late.

Can deliver at no charge to Redball show flea market in Gilbert, PA on Sept. 24 or 25.

If interested, please call: 617-429-1090.

$475.00
Attachments
8D0C6917-0C46-4EC0-AE85-874D556142C8.jpeg
3D5AFAE2-47D9-4C6D-B17A-2FDB36D3B025.jpeg

Heath MI
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: CCKW LWB fuel tank, NOS- FOR SALE

Post by Heath MI » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:30 pm

Hello,
I am curious if this item ever sold? I might have a need for this if a CCKW purchase I’m trying to make goes through.

Respectfully,
Heath
    1942 Ford GPW
    1941 Plymouth P12 Special Deluxe
    1945 GMC CCKW 353

ragnar
    Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by ragnar » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:33 am

This one was sold. I was present for the hand off. If you need one, many of the usual dealers in Europe have NOS fuel tanks in stock. Now would be the time to get it. The Euro and the Dollar are about equal. The cost of the NOS tanks in Europe and shipping would probably about equal the cost of the one advertised here on G503. If you get creative, it could cost less than the one advertised. I got four, CCKW brake drums from Europe for around $150.00. I am just saying, it can be done. I would also suggest not purchasing parts for a vehicle you do not have or have not started actively restoring. I have made this mistake, so I am speaking from experience. I have found this especially true for the CCKW. There are a bunch of parts that are very specific to one truck from another. I have an airborne transportable that has many very specific parts. I have several parts sitting in my garage that I purchased for the restoration, only to discover later that they will not fit on my truck.

Heath MI
    G-Sergeant
    G-Sergeant

Post by Heath MI » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:49 am

Thanks for the advice. I found at least one place in Europe that has the fuel tank.

Extra wheels are what I’d like to find in the interim. The CCKW I’m purchasing has only six installed. It comes with 5-6 extra used tires, but no rims.

Thanks again for the tips. If you know of any wheels for sale, don’t hesitate to send them my way.

Respectfully,
    Heath
      1942 Ford GPW
      1941 Plymouth P12 Special Deluxe
      1945 GMC CCKW 353

ragnar

Post by ragnar » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:41 am

Heath
      Send me a PM with your contact info. I know a couple of guys that may have rims that they are willing to sell. I will provide them with your contact info. Sorry but I would rather not act as a middleman. I have dealt with both of these guys on several occasions and can personally vouch for both of the guys that I am suggesting. I guess that does not mean much, considering that you really do not know me. These rims are getting harder and harder to acquire, so please be careful with any that you do acquire. I have seen several destroyed over the years. I am just saying do a little research before you take them apart or have someone else take them apart. I had six destroyed by a local tire shop that assured me that they knew how to work with these old tires and rims. This tire shop destroyed all six that I dropped off with their pneumatic tire machine. It appeared that the tire shop used the pneumatic tire machine to force off the rings. I would also suggest that you get a few more of these than you think you need. If you need six, get eight or more. If you can, post a happy snap of your truck. I will be out town for a week, starting tomorrow, and will not have computer access, so expect delays in communication from me.

Return to “Trucks 2 1/2 ton +”