M35/54 series radio fitment

Military Trucks 2 1/2 ton and greater, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
5amp
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

M35/54 series radio fitment

Post by 5amp » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:06 am

Hi does anyone have any pictures/info on the radio antenna mounting bracket that fits to the cab side over the vent cover and any other correct radio installation info ?

Regards

Pete

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Re: M35/54 series radio fitment

Post by W. Winget » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am

Personally I have no pics, might get lucky with maintenance truck search in google images. I recall seeing bumper mounted masts and front of bed mounted masts when in service, others were attached to the radio shelter if equipped.
Not too many units mounted radios in the larger vehicles, as they were dispatched to sites and the TOE did not issue radios for those trucks. Usually someone went to the rear to link up with the truck and lead them forward. Maintenance trucks sometimes added them in as they needed to run to different areas, I've seen the radio mounts under the passenger seats when installed in them.
V/R W Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

Spec4Don
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Re: M35/54 series radio fitment

Post by Spec4Don » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:15 pm

Same with me don’t recall seeing radios in deuces or 5 tons. If we needed a radio we just used a PRC-77 portable. But I’m sure it was done.

Don G.
1942 M3 Halftrack Zelda MVPA # 31688
Clark CA-1 Airborne Dozer
Letorneau Model D-4 Airborne Scraper

Return to “Trucks 2 1/2 ton +”