CCKW Parts Found

Military Trucks 2 1/2 ton and greater, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: kw573

D6c
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

CCKW Parts Found

Post by D6c » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:26 pm

I got an order for a few CCKW parts from LWD parts in the Netherlands and thought I'd show what they look like.

A set of NOS post-war French made seat cushions:
seats.jpg
bot.jpg
back.jpg
A set of top bow corners, NOS top & back seat covers, and a NOS inner fender.
misc.jpg
And a NOS steel landing leg wheel for my Ben Hur trailer.
wheel.jpg
I'm very happy with the parts but it took a couple of months to get the seats. I think they were hung up in customs. The package came with a Customs label saying that it had been inspected. I think I figured out why.....the seat was sealed in a plastic bag and had a large bag of desiccant inside. The plastic bag and desiccant had both been cut open. I'm guessing it looked a little suspect....not getting anything past those guys. I patched the desiccant bag in case I need it sometime.
desiccant.jpg

70th Division
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General
Re: CCKW Parts Found

Post by 70th Division » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:41 pm

Hello,

Those are very nice seats and parts !!
What did the shipping cost to the US ?

Best Regards,
Ray

D6c
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by D6c » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:03 am

Shipping was a little pricey at $125 per package and came by USPS. The seats and fender skirt were shipping in one package and the rest in another.

D6c
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by D6c » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:15 am

I have a question about how the seat bottom mounts to the seat riser. There are two pins on the riser that look to engage holes in the bottom of the seat, but is that all that holds it or am I missing some parts?

There is also a 1/4 turn fastener on the end of the seat riser. What is it used for?
Seat Riser.jpg
seat holes.jpg
There are two brackets on the back wall of the cab with bolt holes. It looks like the top hole holds the seat back in place but I don't know what the bottom hose is used for. There isn't a mating hole in the seat bottom that would use it.
Cab back.jpg

Warren Duchesne
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Warren Duchesne » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:22 pm

I think the 1/4 turn fastener is for a strap that is attached to the seat bottom to hold the seat bottom down. Not sure why they did that. Warren Duchesne

Return to “Trucks 2 1/2 ton +”