1951 Chevy 3100 Located. Possible Army Truck?

Military Trucks 1/2 ton thru 2 ton, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
nickb2325
G-Civilian

1951 Chevy 3100 Located. Possible Army Truck?

Post by nickb2325 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:54 am

Hey everyone first time here. My brother and myself went out yesterday after locating and getting to see our grandpa's old Chevy Truck. We are contemplating trying to save it and if it is even worth saving.

While in the woods checking out the truck that my grandpa parked on a farm in the early 70's, he had told us was red, you could tell it was last black, red before that, and green before that. Getting ready to leave we noticed it had P-35 right above the back wheel. I have seen the TP markings on old Jeeps. I am trying to find some pictures of this era of truck to look at other makings to try to see if it was maybe an old base truck. I found pictures of a 57 but nothing earlier. I saw there was commonly a plate on the dash, the truck has been vandalized and this piece was missing.
The Chevy Tag indicated it was a 51' Chevy 3100, Manufactured in St Louis Missouri.

Were these trucks used as army vehicles? Anyone have any pictures? I would love to see what they looked like and locate any other markings.

Pictures:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UL3ewTNfq57kx5SW6

Joseph Perry
G-Civilian

Re: 1951 Chevy 3100 Located. Possible Army Truck?

Post by Joseph Perry » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:01 am

If you're unable to gather enough information on your own, you might want to consider seeking a professional appraisal. An experienced appraiser can assess the condition, historical significance, and potential value of your truck based on its make, model, year, and any unique features. This can help you make an informed decision about whether it's worth restoring.

retro-roco
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: 1951 Chevy 3100 Located. Possible Army Truck?

Post by retro-roco » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:03 am

It appears that it likely saw use as a governement vehicle, though likely not "tactical" (due to the bright metal trim). That said, it also appears that the rust mites have done a real number on her. There does not appear to be much salvageable truck left... :(
Kirk Gustafson
359th Infantry Regt. 90th Div. WWII HRS

1942 Chevy G506 1-1/2 ton 4x4 Cargo
1943 Ben Hur water trailer

Return to “Trucks 1/2 ton thru 2 ton”