Remember D-Day June 6th Today !!

Military Trucks 1/2 ton thru 2 ton, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Remember D-Day June 6th Today !!

Post by 70th Division » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:40 am

Hello,

Remember today is the commemoration of D-Day
June 6, 1944 !!

God Bless all the Greatest Generation's WW2 Veterans and their Families !!
And Remember all those still over there !!!

I read today that a good group of D-Day Veterans have returned to Normandy, that I am always happy to hear !!
Screenshot_20220606-124456_Gallery.jpg
God Bless and Protect them All !!

Photo of Normandy today from G member Thierry B.

Best Regards,
Ray

USAFpj
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: Remember D-Day June 6th Today !!

Post by USAFpj » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:26 am

Ray, I was given the eternal gift of being able to 'guide' my teammates around Normandy on two different occasions. To get a team picture, I thought this WW1 memorial (Sainte-Marie-du-Mont) would be suitable. I had no idea that the very same backdrop was used by the Men of the 506th PIR on 7 June 1944. Talk about blind luck!

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Re: Remember D-Day June 6th Today !!

Post by 70th Division » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:38 pm

USAFpj wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:26 am
Ray, I was given the eternal gift of being able to 'guide' my teammates around Normandy on two different occasions. To get a team picture, I thought this WW1 memorial (Sainte-Marie-du-Mont) would be suitable. I had no idea that the very same backdrop was used by the Men of the 506th PIR on 7 June 1944. Talk about blind luck!

Wow !!!

That is incredible, such a cool photo taken in the same place !!

It must have been a great visit there, I hope some of those WW2 Heroes are still with us today !!

Now which one is you :D

The second trooper in from the right on the original picture, looks like the second man in from the left on your picture !

The second trooper in front row from the left in original picture looks like the second guy in from the right on your picture, and they are both looking down in the same way :D :D

The tall guy on the left of original, looks like the tall guy on the right of your picture :D
As a matter of fact, most of your guys could look like the others in the picture !

What interesting photos !

Best Regards,
Ray

Return to “Trucks 1/2 ton thru 2 ton”