Sherman tracks?

Tracked, Halftrack, etc... Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: Kevin Lockwood

Lee Bishop
G503 War Correspondent
G503 War Correspondent

Sherman tracks?

Post by Lee Bishop » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:04 pm

I saw these today, sitting out in the open. To me, they looked like Easy 8 Sherman tracks.
34834.jpeg
34827.jpeg
Not far from there sits a Sherman hull logging boom vehicle but that's owned by someone else.
Owner, 1944 Willys MB #366014
Former US Army Captain and REMF :mrgreen:

m371954
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class
Re: Sherman tracks?

Post by m371954 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 am

please email me info location and contact please m371954@gmail.com

Lee Bishop
G503 War Correspondent
G503 War Correspondent

Post by Lee Bishop » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:58 pm

I find it odd that I got IMs, one response here and several emails asking where they are but no confirmation as to if they're Sherman tracks or not.
:roll:
So, for especially the one guy I'd never heard of who demanded in an email that I tell him alone where these are (and also find the owner for him), here's the location for everyone:
They're sitting at the end of NW Averill Street in Chehalis, WA.
I don't have a clue who owns them as they're outside the nearest fence and seem to be sitting in an easement.
BTW, thanks heaps to all who responded, none of whom answered my basic question.

Buggy Man
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Buggy Man » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:56 pm

They look like Easy 8 tracks to me, Lee but I'm no expert. Wonder if they're the spare set for the yarder you mentioned? Anyway, pretty cool thanks for posting.

Matt

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:58 am

Judging that they are palletized, and the pallet hasn't collapsed under the weight and age, they cannot have been there in that spot out in the North West weather more than about 4-5 years, which indicates someone procured them within that span and "needs" them VS salvage.

So Lee let them do the leg work only to find out they fit something else, or are not for sale.

I could use a few shoes on our M4 "thumper" where the Engineers blew the track apart, but I'm not restoring her in my lifetime, and being all the way across the Country...fugedabodit

Thanks for posting the pic Lee, if I had measurements I could have possibly measured a shoe for the M4 here and reported back to you.
V/R W. Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

Austringer
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Austringer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:12 pm

I spent about 6 months in that town about 20 years ago building the little power plant there. Beautiful spot.
Jason Green
Atlanta, Ga

STILL NOT associated with the Georgia MVPA 15 years and counting as long as that one guy is president of the club....

1963 Willys M151 (under resto)
1969 M706E1
1983 M106A2

Lee Bishop
G503 War Correspondent
G503 War Correspondent

Post by Lee Bishop » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:54 am

W. Winget wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:58 am
Judging that they are palletized, and the pallet hasn't collapsed under the weight and age, they cannot have been there in that spot out in the North West weather more than about 4-5 years, which indicates someone procured them within that span and "needs" them VS salvage.
I agree but it's odd that I'd been to that location within the past couple of years (it's a neat place to take train photos if the cars for the nearby short line are out of the way) and never saw them there before the day I took those shots. I can't imagine I would have gotten that close and not noticed had they been there.
But yes, I agree the pallet and growth seems to support they'd been there longer than a few days.

Return to “Tracked”