t16 Ford Flathead Help Needed

Tracked, Halftrack, etc... Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: Kevin Lockwood

judyronM
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

t16 Ford Flathead Help Needed

Post by judyronM » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Engine has been completely gone through and was running very smooth and I put several hours and 4 miles on the tracks loosening them up. Last weekend went to start and it kicked right off but would only ideal for about 15 seconds and die. Crank a little bit and the same scenario, also anytime hit the throttle immediate stall out. Pulled the new carburetor off and bowl is full of fuel and squirts fuel when throttle opened. Any ideas? This is a 12 volt system with reducer before the 6 volt coil leading to distributer. Got me scratching my head that it started this after it had been running so well. The distributer is very hard to get to, so like most was not wanting to pull I off if I did not need to. Been around older ford tractors that would burn the points if the reducer was not put in the line, but hey would quit all together. Possible coil or condenser problem? Any ideas? Or just start to pull stuff off?

Ron McAfee

Return to “Tracked”