Book recommendation

Tracked, Halftrack, etc... Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: Kevin Lockwood

Book recommendation

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:04 pm

Hey I am new to the forum

I have been interested in MV for a while now but half tracks and jeeps from ww2 are what really interest me the most. I really don’t know that much about American or German half tracks and I want to learn more about them. Is there a book out there on ww2 American and German half tracks that really gets in depth about them that you guys would recommend me reading?

Thxs

-Jamie

john bell
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

half-track books

Post by john bell » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:34 pm

Hi Jamie, I think its titled " Half-Track: A History of American Semi Tracked Vehicles" by R. P. Hunnicutt. Try this book, its very detailed and has great pictures. Kind of pricey though. I think I paid about 70.00 for mine. Hope this helps!

Frank USMC
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Frank USMC » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:01 pm

John, I have that book also, good book but has some very stupid mistakes that I can not beleave he could have made writing such an over all good book. Look at the 2 photos of Marine half tracks, One is on a beach and the other is coming off a landing craft. He calls both half tracks M3s, but they are M2s. You see the storage door on both of them.
Still a good book, but after spending that kind of money, I wanted better.
One of the few, the proud, Frank

Return to “Tracked”