Parts Pickin at Parramore Surplus

Tracked, Halftrack, etc... Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: Kevin Lockwood

clintm20
G-Major General
G-Major General

Parts Pickin at Parramore Surplus

Post by clintm20 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:19 am

The tree is growing into the left front sprocket of the Cletrac. Still has some decent parts on it even part of the top bows. No generator.
Green Trucks and High Tides Forever

steveo916
G-Major
G-Major

Re: Parts Pickin at Parramore Surplus

Post by steveo916 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:44 am

you mean your not dragging the whole thing home? :) looks like there's some good parts on it, dont forget the exhaust manifold if its any good. can i add your pic to the gallery section of my site?
m16 halftrack

clintm20
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by clintm20 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:58 am

you mean your not dragging the whole thing home? looks like there's some good parts on it, dont forget the exhaust manifold if its any good. can i add your pic to the gallery section of my site?
Steve you are welcome to put any of my pics up on your site. This was a frame stretch job or else I would drag it home for sure. It is a real M3A1. M3A1-48609. Its probably on the way to China or will be shortly. I salvaged some decent bogie hardware from it and a couple of hood pieces. My High Lift jack came in handy. It was a beautiful day for parts picking, sun shine and low 70's.

ansancle
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by ansancle » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:48 am

Grab the Cletrac tracks, several people have called me recently looking for them so there is a market.

Tracktrucken
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by Tracktrucken » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:13 pm

Clint,
This maybe a little late but is there a chance you getting the shutter cross support of that track? Would like to get an orignal if possible. Please let me know what you can trun up.
Later
Greg

clintm20
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by clintm20 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:31 pm

Greg,
A friend was there on Wednesday and got some more stuff for me but I didn't think to grab X brace. It did look usable. I'll see if I can get it for you. Someone asked about the fenders but they are really bad. I have a better drivers side than the one on that track that is free if anyone wants it.
Jeff they would not quote a price on the Cletrac for some reason so it must be safe from the torch for the time being. We were joking about how to cut it out of the tree.

Tracktrucken
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Post by Tracktrucken » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:23 pm

Clint,
Thank you for looking into that x brace for me. Also the oil filter is a senior type and the base would be worth having to. The filter canister is probably rusted but the base would still be ok to reuse. Please let me know what you turn up.
Later
Greg

ansancle
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by ansancle » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:56 am

Clint,
I got a call from a person out in Colorado that is interested in a bunch of parts off this vehicle. He asked If I could post his information, his name is Willy Taylor and his phone number is 303-434-7204. So if you get a chance can you give him a buzz?
Thanks
-Andy

clintm20
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by clintm20 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:53 pm

Andy I tried to get a price on the entire cletrac but they were reluctant to name one not sure why. Your buddy can call the yard their number is here on the website. They are really nice folks. That 8 wheel drive scorpion thing still needs a home. I don't think they pull parts for people but he can ask. I'm going back again but it won't be for a couple of months probably since it is about 180-200 miles for me one way.

http://www.parramore.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by clintm20 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ansancle
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by ansancle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:56 am

Willy - give them a call directly,
Thanks Clint.
-Andy

68427vette
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by 68427vette » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:20 am

i need a driverside rear drive axle. my M2 has something in it??
wrong sixe axle or was used as a pully drum.
jc

Conny
Active ARMY - Sgt
Active ARMY - Sgt

Post by Conny » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 am

Ok, I gotta ask, What is an 8 wheel drive scorpion thing? Is it WWII? Civilian? Do you have a photo? Enquiry minds want to know.
Rangers Lead the Way,
Duane Leiker

1944 M29C Floater, "Jasmine" (SOLD)
1974 German Faun Kraka (Kraftkarren) "Rommel" (SOLD)

clintm20
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by clintm20 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Prototype Gatlin gun carrier V3 or some such. Needs a home. Not armored. More pics on Parramore's website.

Lee Bishop
G503 War Correspondent
G503 War Correspondent

Post by Lee Bishop » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:12 pm

I grew up somewhat near this place, and my brother and I used to pester Dad to take us over, which wasn't nearly as often as we'd have liked. Old man parramore used to have two pack howitzers at the office entrance (in pretyt good shape if memory serves), a helicopter sitting outside, two LARCs, at least 2 Stuart tanks (all painted yellow as gunnery targets probably). He had the old RR station as part of his building, FILLED full of all kinds of neat WW2 (and postwar) stuff. He wouldn't sell any really good stuff but the good WW2 apparently sold eventually, so someone came with the right amount. He even had a NASA pressure suit on a dummy in the corner of the office. Over the years I've heard rumors that one of the stuarts was restored, I'd give anything to see it today...
He had halftracks all over the place, most of them remains of logging skiffs with heavy stretched frames and stripped of armor. I never knew there was a Cletrac in there, but as a kid I wouldn't have known one if I saw it.
I was back there for a wedding in May, wanted to go see what was left but couldn't get there.
1944 Willys MB #366014
MVPA, REMF, former US Army Captain

Sierra Padre
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by Sierra Padre » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:07 pm

Is there anything left of Parramore?

Doug
Adversity is not an adequate deterrent.
1941 White M2A1

Return to “Tracked”