Halftrack Base Shop Data Book

Tracked, Halftrack, etc... Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base

Moderator: Kevin Lockwood

steve1973
G-Colonel
G-Colonel
Halftrack Base Shop Data Book

Post by steve1973 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:17 pm

I'm in the process of placing a new order for the M2 Halftrack Base Shop Data Book. It is 600 page manual for halftracks made for the British army. It has a wealth of info that is not in the regular manual set. Cost is $115.00 includes shipping with in the US. I can ship overseas but it is expensive. Reserve your copy today by emailing me at htmotorpool@gmail.com. Printing should take about a month. The manual is 3 hole punched to fit in a binder of your choice. For those that have a copy I would like to hear how much you like it.

Steve A.
1941 White M2A1 (90% restored)
1945 M10 ammo trailer (restored)

Ez8
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Re: Halftrack Base Shop Data Book

Post by Ez8 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:37 pm

If you don't have this book you should get it. I use it in conjunction with the TMs to triangulate how to repair things.

The book isn't set up in a the same clear, logical manner that the TMs are (everything is alphabetical, kind of) and unless you change your mindset to "British" sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for, but that's hardly Steve's fault.

The paper is thick and durable and images are clear. I usually copy whatever it is I'm working on to take out to the shop so I don't dirty up the pages.

Overall I'd rate this a "need to buy" out of 10.
MB# 215159 D.O.D 2-25-43
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=209632

Return to “Tracked”