WTB Harley WLA project

Military Motorcycles, and Other Military Two and Three Wheeled Cycles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
Nomad_1911
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

WTB Harley WLA project

Post by Nomad_1911 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:04 pm

Hi everyone brand new to the forum - discovered it recently and think its great.

That said I am looking for a Harley WLA project ( I am sure everyone is) - may even consider a basket case- I have always been interested in old bikes/vehicles.

I have cash, plenty of 2A items for trade, or 47' willys I can also trade towards the right project. I am sure something could be worked out. Just a young man looking to tinker and ride around on an old bike. Located in the deserts of New Mexico. Thanks!

OLDABEWLA
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant
Re: WTB Harley WLA project

Post by OLDABEWLA » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:11 pm

First thing is to buy yourself a copy of the Bruce Palmers book how to restore your military Harley Davidson motorcycle don't over pay for a bike that has tons of reproduction parts on it or with it!
Buy a bike as complete as possible because original parts are extremely expensive and hard to find!
I purchased a running basket bike for $9500 back in 2006 and stuck another $15 to 20k in it which there is no cheap way around it!
There is seven types of 42WLA Harleys made from 1942-1945 so parts are different throughout the production time frame.
My friend has a type VII 42WLA running 1945 production unrestored and stayed in the military into the 1950s with a over paint he might sell it but as always would not be cheap but is very complete bike.

Craig
☆42WLA Harley-Davidson #19,246 Type III

Nomad_1911
G-Private First Class
G-Private First Class

Re: WTB Harley WLA project

Post by Nomad_1911 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:20 pm

Hi Craig thank you for the information, I’m familiar with Palmer’s book to an extent.

If your friend would consider selling I’d be willing to entertain buying it. I don’t expect a cheap bike just looking for a fair price. I turned one down last year for 15k that had a lot of reproduction parts on it and haven’t seen on that cheap since. They don’t show up around here often if at all.

Look forward to seeing what your friend says - thanks Craig!

Return to “Motorcycles & Bicycles”