WLA HELP!

Military Motorcycles, and Other Military Two and Three Wheeled Cycles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
jbazeha
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

WLA HELP!

Post by jbazeha » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:57 pm

HELLO GUYS

I HOPE SOMEONE HERE CAN HELP ME.
RECENTLY I GOT ME 1942 WLA RESTORED. IT WASNT RUNNING FOR 2 YEARS SO I HAVE DONE SOME MINOR TOUCH UPS TO IT. REPLACED HEAD GASKETS, REPLACE COIL AND THE SPARK WIRES, SPARK PLUGS, NEW POINTS, REPLACED THE MANIFOLD FIXED SOME MINOR ELECTRICAL ISSUES NEW BATTERY. THE GAS TANK WAS DONE WITH THE POR15 APOXY, REPLACE SOME SEALS AND GASKETS WHERE IT NEEDED. TOOK THE CARBURETOR OUT CLEAN IT REBUILD IT.
NOW IT STARTS BUT I CANT GET IT TO IDLE JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO ADJUST THE CARB. I FOLLOWED THE PROCEEDER IN THE MAUNAL BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. PLEASE HELP
43 white m2a1
44 GPW
42 GPW script (sas)
42 Dodge wc51
42 M3 atg
43 t3 bantam
42 bsa m20
41 Columbia bicycle

chibobber
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Re: WLA HELP!

Post by chibobber » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:30 pm

Check the throttle plate and make sure it is not in backwards.If stamped I believe the # must face out.Plate is beveled. This is off the top of my head.Could be other issues.If you have a fixed high speed needle,make sure it is all the way in.Adjust the low speed needle as directed.If you play with a fixed hi-speed needle,you will have this problem.
Good luck.
Bob

OLDABEWLA
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by OLDABEWLA » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:26 am

Go into the winderness carburetor web site they have a place in there to tell you how to set the carb up. I believe the needle is once set it has to be backed off a turn or two it's been a wile.
If you have problem finding it I can send that information

Craig
☆42WLA Harley-Davidson #19,246 Type III

OLDABEWLA
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by OLDABEWLA » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:39 am

linkertadjustment.jpg
linkertadjustment.jpg (144.27 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
☆42WLA Harley-Davidson #19,246 Type III

Return to “Motorcycles & Bicycles”