WTB: Cushman 53

Military Motorcycles, and Other Military Two and Three Wheeled Cycles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
lordsandy
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant
WTB: Cushman 53

Post by lordsandy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:05 am

Checking to see if anyone has a Cushman 53 project or completed scooter they might consider selling?
Thanks
Jim S

Heath MI
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: WTB: Cushman 53

Post by Heath MI » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:07 am

Hello,
Just a heads up on one I found awhile back. Found a Cushman Airborne scooter for sale on military-ads.com. Was immediately skeptical after emailing the guy, and then my wife called the guy direct. Didn’t want to give out his information at first. Red flags started popping up.

When he sent me a copy of the title, it looked fishy to say the least. Most of it was blurry but the name/seller information was much more clear. We were going to fly out to WY where the bike was supposedly for sale but decided against it to stay on the safe side. He was less than enthusiastic about us flying out to look at the bike.

Several months later, I see the same ad with the same pictures on the website but the sellers name changed. He was asking $9000, which technically should be a pretty good deal. But I’m guessing others are finding the same holes in the story that I did. Buyer beware.

v/r,
Heath
    1942 Ford GPW
    1941 Plymouth P12 Special Deluxe
    1945 GMC CCKW 353

nova2crest21
    G-Private First Class
    G-Private First Class

Re: WTB: Cushman 53

Post by nova2crest21 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:36 pm

There is an Airborne Cushman group on FaceBook and they come up very rarely but they tend to be very pricey. I found a 1947 Airborne Cushman civilian model that is very close but has a few major differences but the average observer won't know the differences. Good Luck!

Return to “Motorcycles & Bicycles”