PA DUKW Registration - Historic Military Vehicle

Amphibious Wheeled Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
jeffl
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class
PA DUKW Registration - Historic Military Vehicle

Post by jeffl » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:27 am

I think I am finally coming to the end of this after a year and a half.

The state of PA had an issue because the DUKW was over 14,000 lbs. Some specialty registrations have this limit but others like Antique auto and Historic Military Vehicle don't. Working through AAA this took a lot of time because it was not a standard application.

I think the first girl got fired. Recently a new supervisor was cleaning up and picked up my folder. Her first suggestion was to pay the $500 annual registration fee that was due again for a class 7 truck so my application would not get tossed. I sent it in and over the next 2 weeks she helped me to train the people in Harrisburg what to do. They were lumping regulations together and saying everything was subject to the 14,000 lbs.

Today we got the Harrisburg DOT to agree to the Historic Military Vehicle registration which is a one time fee of $78, no annual inspection and limit to driving once a week. Just like an Antique car but a cooler plate.

I should get my $500 registration back for this year but last years fee is long gone.

PA is really picky on everything with wheels. I hope this helps someone else with a big vehicle.

jeffl
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class
Re: PA DUKW Registration - Historic Military Vehicle

Post by jeffl » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:45 pm

Well got the plate today. Must have been the 4th person in PA to get one. The registration basically says Antique Vehicle.

The registration still says it is a class 7 vehicle with a weight of 14670 lb and GVW of 19670 lb

redlight
G-First Sergeant
G-First Sergeant

Re: PA DUKW Registration - Historic Military Vehicle

Post by redlight » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:40 pm

Congrats

Return to “Amphibian, DUKW, GPA and other wheeled amphibian”