NOS Higgins DUKW Rear bilge pump. For sale.

Amphibious Wheeled Military Vehicles, Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY) and Knowledge Base
rentalREHAB
G-Civilian

NOS Higgins DUKW Rear bilge pump. For sale.

Post by rentalREHAB » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Hello everyone names Jeff, new here obviously, 1st post n all. I landed here researching what this pump is, wish it was the front one. My brother and I own a company that does property clean up/trashout, mostly rentals that people left trashed. We find lots of cool, weird, sometimes valuable stuff.

We did an estate clean up after a gentleman had passed, Navy man, and a hoarder/collector lol. His brothers had taken what they wanted, and left the rest to us. One of the kids on the crew came up to my brother all excited, he'd thought he was getting the bras find bonus lol. Anyway brings this pump up to him, n yeah it's about 10-11 lbs of brass. So my brother tosses it in the scrap pile with rest of brass.

Towards the end of the day, I was sizing up the scrap and saw it. I thought at first had to be maybe a well or irrigation pump of some sort. I tossed it in my truck with some of the other items I saved from the crusher. Didn't think much of it and on the shelf in my shop it went. Back of my mind thought high volume pump like that, either worth more then scrap, or I could find a use for it.

Couple weeks ago, started processing all those kind of items, and first thing that jumped out at me was the name Higgins. I knew what a Higgins boat was (LRV?) So started poking around a little thinking it was a part of a landing craft. After about a week of looking finally got a hold of a
guy that could tell me exactly what it is.

Anyway, Just thought I would give a little story behind it before the pitch, my way of saying hi guys ;)

This pump as far as I can tell has never been on a boat, tape still hold original sheer key in the shaft. There was an "L" bracket on the bottom, that's why in the pics there is four casing bolts loose. Shaft spins free, and internals from what I can see from outside look mint. I'm pretty sure I still have that bracket here someplace.

I looked around and saw what these go for used n beat up, I'm going to start the haggle at $550 with bracket $500 if I can't find it. I'm always open to offers, and some trades (mostly for cash lol) I had kind of thought about putting it in my collection, but seeing that people restore the DUK I figured it's better to go to someone that can use it then sitting on my shelf.

I live in Lincoln Ne. so whoever gets it we can figure shipping, and local pick up always welcome. Cheers all :D

hummermark
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: NOS Higgins DUKW Rear bilge pump. For sale.

Post by hummermark » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:31 am

Hi could you post some pictures
Thanks mark.
M1030M1 JP8 diesel
2008 M1113 Humvee
Cushman 53
M10 Achilles
M274 A2 Mule
Matchless g3l
1944 WLA
M1030 KLR 650
Gpa

rentalREHAB
G-Civilian

Re: NOS Higgins DUKW Rear bilge pump. For sale.

Post by rentalREHAB » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Sorry about that, forgot to post pics. Board was down couple times I checked. I did find bracket, so that is included in sale. I'm going to have either reduce file size on pics or find a pic host. I don't have time right now, I'll get them up there this evening.

Return to “Amphibian, DUKW, GPA and other wheeled amphibian”