1945 CJ2A parts wanted

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series, Wanted jeeps or parts, list your needs.
42cargo
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

1945 CJ2A parts wanted

Post by 42cargo » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:02 pm

I've been making excellent progress tracking down parts to make my 1945 CJ2A whole again. I've still got a few items to locate, and several of them are the rare things that everyone is looking for. Any leads on NOS or good take-off appreciated.

Sincerely,

John

Distributor, Autolite IGW 4177-1 (Small type, ideally dated 8-Z, but that's not critical.)

Gauge, temperature

Knob, windshield adjuster (MB style)

Mirror head, exterior

Mounting hardware for the interior rear-view mirror

OLACO fuel tank

Reflector bezel and backing plate, Corcoran Brown Plastic No. 100 (I have a very nice original Grotelite No. 100 lens to trade.)

Tail light assembly, NACO (I have the lens and bezel, so if you just have the body, that could work for me.)

T-90 side-shift transmission case with a casting date as close to Aug. 21, 1945 as possible and an assembly date no later than Sept. 15 (approximately.)

Early top bow set verticals. (I have a complete original set in great shape, but my main bows are the later style with the indents as seen in this photo that stop the horizontal bows when they insert into the verticals. I need the type with rivets for stops and would trade my uprights for an earlier set.)

Passenger side lower door bracket. This is the early style that protrudes above the doorway (and catches your leg as you try to get out!) Here's the one I have for the driver's side:

This last one is really a stretch, but I thought I'd toss it out there: Koenig extenda-bed
G503 GPW Parts Wanted
Original F-marked bracket to hold battery in place and one J-bolt
Original F-marked front bumper

Adam
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: 1945 CJ2A parts wanted

Post by Adam » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:13 am

Working on identifying the dist today? Can probably help with the windshield nob,

You know which temp gauge you want? working or r u going to restore it?

Need info on identyfing the mirror head

Will look for the reflector and check dates on the 2 side shift trannies I have.

Adam

Raflad
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by Raflad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:51 am

I have a NOS temp gauge, several of them. I am away on a trip until early next week PM me at the weekend if you are still interested.
Adam Smith
GPW 80535, 11-19-42
MBT 2470, 8-42, USA #0160905

42cargo
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by 42cargo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks for your posts. I'll follow up with PMs.

John
G503 GPW Parts Wanted

42cargo
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by 42cargo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks to all who contacted me. Between this board and the CJ2A board I've gotten a bunch of really good leads on all the items I listed with the exception of the transmission case and top bows.

And special thanks to Don for sending me the missing lower door bracket that I needed to make a pair. A little straightening and welding and this will be good to go!

John

G503 GPW Parts Wanted

Return to “CJ Wanted”