Szekley NP-1 Jet Starting Unit for sale (CJ-3A)

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
JerryO
G-Private
G-Private
Szekley NP-1 Jet Starting Unit for sale (CJ-3A)

Post by JerryO » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:23 am

I've decided that I need to sell my rare, three wheel, Szekely NP-1 Jet Engine Starting Unit that was used on aircraft carriers to start the jets up. I don't know the exact year it was built because the data plate has corroded badly, but it started life as a CJ-3A so somewhere around the early 1950's is about all I can give you as a date. I rescued it in 2016 and I'm not doing it any good sitting on it until I can afford to restore it. It still has everything that it originally had except the aircraft power cable. Solid front axle and rear steering allows it to turn around in about a 7 foot radius.
Yes it's rusty. The floor and the "dissolved" fuel tank being he worst, but unlike a lot of the handful of survivors, it has all the control boxes and generator parts. The wheels currently on it are regular jeep wheels. I use these big wheels to save the original small ones.
I've got an entire spare front axle, steering column, rear axle set-up and steering joint, along with three of the hard to find small front wheels. These are all the critical parts that make a basic, three wheeled jeep like this so unique. Front end is all jeep and easy to replace if needed, so you'll have spares for the rare stuff!
The two small outrigger wheel are rusted away, but the two small tires are good.
It was re-engined for more power by the Navy and with the larger engine and carb, the hood was modified with a galvanized steel pyramid. Presently, the dual rear wheel steering doesn't move and is in about a 5 degree right hand turn, so I move it around with a wheel dolly.
Asking $2500 and buyer would have to pick it up in CT. For more photos please message me.
If anyone is seriously interested, please message me.

JerryO
G-Private
G-Private
Re: Szekley NP-1 Jet Starting Unit for sale (CJ-3A)

Post by JerryO » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:43 am

***SOLD***
Thanks everyone. It has been sold!!!

Return to “CJ For Sale”