Original CJ2A seat cushions & springs

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
uglyjeep
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Original CJ2A seat cushions & springs

Post by uglyjeep » Mon May 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Hello,

I have some original seat cushions with the original springs and horse hair padding from different CJ2A Jeeps.

The grey front bottom seat cushion has the original metal seat pan. The seat pan has surface rust and some pitting, but it looks solid, and I can't see any spots where it has rusted through. The threaded inserts for attaching the pan to the seat frame look to be in great condition. Looking inside through the ripped cover, I can see that the springs inside have some surface rust, but the portions that I can see still look solid and very restorable. The horse hair pad in this one looks to have some damage near the open portion of the seat cover, but it still appears very usable. Asking $120 plus actual postage.

The red seat back has a cover that would be a great pattern for copying. The spring set has some surface rust but still looks to be in nice condition, and the horse hair looks like it should clean up nicely for use. Asking $80 plus actual postage.

The last cushion and spring set is from the back rest of an early style CJ-2A rear seat. The grey vinyl cover has some blemishes and small holes, and some loose stitching, however I would not hesitate to clean it up and reuse it. The holes for the upholstery attaching screws look to be in good condition as well. The springs inside of this cover have some minor surface rust, but are in excellent condition overall. The horse hair padding has a portion missing as shown, but the remainder of it is very usable and in good condition. Asking $100 plus actual postage.

Located in Mukwonago, WI. I will wrap these carefully, and mail it out fast for you. Local pick up is also welcome.

Thank you,
Daniel
:)

uglyjeep

Re: Original CJ2A seat cushions & springs

Post by uglyjeep » Mon May 25, 2020 9:40 pm

Open to offers on these. :)

JMZ421
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by JMZ421 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:00 pm

PM sent, John

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:33 pm

Hello Daniel,

Thanks Again !!

Happy that you still had them available !!

These will be great to restore my CJ2a, and for the one missing M38A1 upper front seat spring on my M38A1. They all used the same springs.
That particular spring seems very hard to find !!!
Now I will place an order with WeeBee for seat covers 😃

Best Regards,

Ray

Return to “CJ For Sale”