Willys CJ2A & MB Front Frame Horn Boxing Plates

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
uglyjeep
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Willys CJ2A & MB Front Frame Horn Boxing Plates

Post by uglyjeep » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:09 am

Hello friends,

These plates are designed to be welded in the front of your jeeps frame rails at that vulnerable area behind the front shackle mounts and forward of the front tube crossmember (see photo below). This area is often prone to bending and collapse, and my custom plates can help you reinforce your frame to prevent future damage from off road or utility use, or help repair and strengthen an already damaged front frame horn. These are a must if you use your jeep for trail riding, or have it fitted with a plow or winch.

These can be installed flush to the inside face of the frame, or I prefer to grind them down a little and inset them about a quarter of an inch in from the inside edge so that they are less noticeable and a nicer weld can be made. They are also made slightly oversize at the front, and made to the same height as the stock frame so that you have room if you need to trim them slightly to fit your rig. Installation is easy for anyone with welding skills, and they can be installed with the vehicle completely assembled.

They are styled to match the original boxing plates on the rear and engine areas of the CJ-2A and MB frame, as they share the same size access hole as the originals and they are made from the same gauge steel as well.

These plates will fit the WWII Willys MB frames, and the 1945 through early 1948 CJ2A frames that have the upper and lower bumper mounting gussets.

They are sold as a pair for $19.50 which includes shipping to your door, anywhere in the USA. Discounted worldwide postage is also available. I can do paypal, MO or a personal check. PM me for details if you are interested. Located in Mukwonago, WI, and made in the USA!

Thanks!
Daniel

jeeper50
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: Willys CJ2A & MB Front Frame Horn Boxing Plates

Post by jeeper50 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:50 am

Are these still available?
'53 CJ3B, Hurricane powered, 5.38s, Koenig pto winch, lockrights, 11" brakes, M606 conversion in work!

Return to “CJ For Sale”